EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to hhahn

Premium Member

to hhahn

Re: [Rant] Why is Comcast blatantly LIEING again in advertising?

said by hhahn:

The reasons I'm disappointed in the increase in are:
1. Comcast continues to increase the price of service despite stagnant speeds and the cost of bandwidth dropping.

"Stagnant speeds" ? For real ? What world have you been in lately ?
hhahn
join:2011-06-25
Marlton, NJ

hhahn

said by EG:

said by hhahn:

The reasons I'm disappointed in the increase in are:
1. Comcast continues to increase the price of service despite stagnant speeds and the cost of bandwidth dropping.

"Stagnant speeds" ? For real ? What world have you been in lately ?

Well in my area, Comcast hasn't increased the speeds for my plans in the past 2 years at all. That's as far back as I can because I didn't have any reason to be interested in Comcast prior to then. They haven't reduced the cost either. Maybe in other areas of the country they are finally catching up to what was "fast" 5 years ago.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

So maybe don't make blanket statements ? Throughout the country they have been upgrading their network to DOCSIS 3 and increasing the speeds of their existing speed tiers.
hhahn
join:2011-06-25
Marlton, NJ

hhahn

said by EG:

So maybe don't make blanket statements ? Throughout the country they have been upgrading their network to DOCSIS 3 and increasing the speeds of their existing speed tiers.

So again...now what's the reason I shouldn't be mad about an increase in fees if my service is not improving?

You could argue that the people in other parts who are just now getting DOCSIS 3 should pay more - because they actually are getting better service than they had.

fees_rise
@comcast.net

fees_rise

Anon

said by hhahn:

So again...now what's the reason I shouldn't be mad about an increase in fees if my service is not improving?

Try using the same reason(s) why you are not mad about food prices increasing with food taste or safety not improving; electricity prices going up with service not improving; gasoline prices increasing without a corresponding octane increase; airline fees, bank fees, postage rates, taxes... pick whatever increase you wish.

Your topic started out about how Comcast blatantly lied again in advertising, yet you seem to be more upset about the $2 per month modem fee increase. You even said
said by hhahn:

Believe me, if I had the option to not be reamed with yet another fee, I wouldn't be complaining.

So, which is it - lies or fees?

JigglyWiggly
join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

JigglyWiggly

Comcast is increasing rental because THEY CAN.

Nothing we can do about it ;'(
They have loads of money already, just want more, so much greed.

Now if they were doing a fiber rollout, well okay then.