spc
Search similar:

uniqs

lakerfan82
join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

lakerfan82

It all sounds very incestuous...

I thought Verizon was going to use fixed LTE to reach the customers they sold off to other DSL providers and compete with cable companies. Now they are going to allow the same cable companies they are competing with access to this network? Very odd, but whatever it takes to make a deal I guess.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

1 recommendation

rradina

Those are my exact thoughts. Consumers should be rooting for competition, not collaboration. Frankly, I'd rather see the spectrum go to a third party that competes with both of them.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080 to lakerfan82

to lakerfan82
said by lakerfan82:

I thought Verizon was going to use fixed LTE to reach the customers they sold off to other DSL providers and compete with cable companies. Now they are going to allow the same cable companies they are competing with access to this network? Very odd, but whatever it takes to make a deal I guess.

I could be mistaken, but I think the expectation is that fairpoint and frontier will fail (not too big to...) and some of the geography will be cherry picked by AT&T for mere pennies.. and not do much with it.. just U-Verse (ugh). Why would these events unfold this way.. because Verizon doesn't really like AT&T.. there's been a huge rivalry since the breakup of MaBell.