nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT
reply to seethransom

Re: New speeds and more HD

said by seethransom:

Firstly, Happy New Year! Secondly, I don't have interwebs with Metro, but I do get the TV. I have a TiVo. I still see the Digital version WPRI. Still no Tru TV. No program guide on Nick, MTV, nor Comedy.

12:45pm Jan 1

I'm in the same boat, program info wise.

Can anyone with a Metrocast supplied DVR say if they're seeing program info in their guide for channel 480 (Comedy Central HD)?

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT
reply to papi4baby
zap2it.com still doesn't show the new channel info either.

seethransom

join:2009-12-26
New London, CT
I just came back to extended basic. Comedy, and TruTV were a lure. All I miss is Cartoon Channel (for Adult Swim). Two out of three ain't bad. I appreciate the additions.

Almost all of the best basic channels have a HD counterpart. That makes the $40 (+/-) worth it for me.

If I were someone who could change things, I would put Science to Basic. I would also get rid of HD Plus. Perhaps spread the channels into other tiers.

I'm sure contracts, and money stand in the way. Plus all other things I don't understand about the biz.

rugbyfan

@metrocast.net
reply to papi4baby
comedy central in hd here in easy lyme, ct

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT
said by rugbyfan :

comedy central in hd here in easy lyme, ct

Do you have complete program info in the guide?

tricon23

join:2003-12-04
Sanford, ME
reply to papi4baby
I just upgraded to High Speed Ultamite and my speeds are inline between 20-26 mps down and getting just under 3mps up. Using a Motorola SB6120 modem too. Happy New Year.

NetworkNH

join:2009-08-10
Northwood, NH
reply to papi4baby
Woke up this morning expecting to reset/power-cycle my modem and to my surprise....no speed bump!

One quick online chat with Tim from Metrocast Support...

»www.speedtest.net/result/1680714570.png

Turns out some of the D3 modems arent picking up the new 25/2 config file - he had to reprovision my modem and instructed me to let it sit for 5 minutes before rebooting. I'm using the SB6120 and love it!

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
Just tried chat as well, Peter is going to do the same thing. Will post before and after.....

Before...

--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT
reply to papi4baby
I got on a support chat also, and ericb hooked me up!

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT
reply to papi4baby
Anyone have any ideas on when the full roll for the little folks will happen

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
reply to nelamvr6
Same here!

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
reply to Jeff G
Jump on chat or call them.

papi4baby

join:2008-01-19
Callaway, MD
reply to nelamvr6
Thanks for the info about the chat guys.

My modem didn't get the update either. I got on chat and fix it up.

Now i just wish they would provision the lines so we would actually see 12.

I know is the bits vs bites things, but as a consumer i think all we care about the is the bottom line, and to me (and someone who does not know better) that we are getting jib for not getting a true 12/1 or whatever the package is.

I know FIOS does over provision just because of that. I mean, right now i am loosing .51 due to the provision. What happens when we get to 50 down or so.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT
reply to papi4baby
Does anyone still have the letter that was sent out from MC CT? Any chance you could post it?

TIA

PB

join:2001-10-23
Hollywood, MD
reply to papi4baby
Hello fellow St. Marys Countite! My modem (Linksys CM100) didn't get the update. I just got off chat w/Chettra who said modem needed to get a new config file. File sent & Modem reset. Now seeing 11.69/0.98 Mbps:

»www.speedtest.net/result/1682006854.png

NetworkNH

Northwood, NH
Chettra helped me too! She was awesome!

NetworkNH

Northwood, NH
reply to papi4baby
Just checked my speed again:

Not too shabby! I noticed a little slow down last night during "rush hour" but not too bad.

Sort of off topic, but what does everyone use for DNS servers? I've been using OpenDNS, but I notice sometimes they slow down. When that happens, I switch over to the local DNS's that Metrocast still has active for static IP users (65.175.128.46, 65.175.128.47) and (65.175.128.181, 65.175.128.240).

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT

1 edit
reply to papi4baby
I use OpenDNS and I've never noticed any slowdown ...

NetworkNH

Northwood, NH
reply to papi4baby
Oh ok, I only notice it during "rush hour" in the evenings but I suppose it's to be expected. Thank you for responding!

quantumred

join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT
reply to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

The paperwork that went out said speeds and prices were effective January 1. My guess is the prices will go up before the speeds do.

You mean we don't have to call to have our prices increased?

Has anyone had the speed increase who has not called? I rebooted my modem in East Lyme, and I'm still at the old speeds.

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to papi4baby
It took getting in to a chat but I have my new speeds as well.

Chick

join:2000-12-27
Waterford, CT
reply to papi4baby
It took the chat for me as well.

I'll buy ChettraC a drink anytime! I had tried rebooting several times without success before I went the Chat route.

Murph1

join:2005-09-02
New London, CT
reply to papi4baby
Just chatted online with Brandon and he sent out a reset. I still needed to reboot the modem on my end, but I now have the speed increase.

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to papi4baby
I am thrilled to have my speed but I have to wonder, there are a couple of dozen of MC customers in this forum and we all are way more techie then 99.999% of the rest of their customers. We know enough to check or speeds and call or chat when we don't get it. I am guessing most do not even realize they should be getting better speeds.

I am not saying MC is trying to pull anything but way are most of us having to call or chat to get the upgrade? Most customers never will do that. O well more bandwidth for us I guess.

quantumred

East Lyme, CT
I was thinking the same thing billh491. Based on the posts so far, it seems no one gets the speed increase unless they specifically ask for it.

quantumred

East Lyme, CT
I did a chat and got my updated config file. Nothing shows up in the modem log to indicate any change. Also, it was a little confusing as WandaF said my modem would be reset and I would lose connection, but that never happened. After about 15 minutes, I rebooted it myself, and indeed I have the new speed:

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
Putnam, CT
Same here. I never saw a modem reset either. Rebooted the modem and router and the speeds were increased.

reedacus25

join:2012-01-03
Starkville, MS
reply to papi4baby
Starkville is a crap shoot. Haven't checked with others but still on the 7d/.5u which was to go to 12d/1u and no luck. Chatted first person and said it would reboot the modem which it never did.

So I rebooted manually and lost my bonded channels. Chatted second rep, said he would send the stuff and to do a power cycle after 60 seconds of being unplugged. Got bonded channels back but no dice.

So then
quote:
GarrettM:
According to our Tier 2, this is a known issue they are aware of with some customers in Starkville and will be implementing a a change in the system tonight that should correct any of the modems that haven't successfully taken the upgrade such as yours.
So will report back tomorrow if we have takeoff. Will also talk to my friend with the 10/1->25/2 plan to see if he has any increase in speed since he hasn't traded up for a Docsis3 modem yet.

SiberWolf

@metrocast.net
reply to papi4baby
Had the 18/2 plan here in MD (which should be getting upgraded to 25/2), consistently was getting 17-18.2 mbps. Rebooted the modem yesterday afternoon due to speed down to 1 mbps, and a 2 second ping. After that was only getting 12 down, but 2.5 up. Called today, rep on the phone pushed an update... now I'm seeing these speeds:

Rebooted several times, no change. Was told there would be some testing through tonight and a push out to everyone overnight. Will call back tomorrow or the next day if I don't see a change.

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT
reply to papi4baby
I am getting slower DL speeds since my chat triggered bump hmmmm