Premium Member

to Jeff G
Jump on chat or call them.
papi4baby
join:2008-01-19
Callaway, MD

papi4baby to nelamvr6

to nelamvr6
Thanks for the info about the chat guys.

My modem didn't get the update either. I got on chat and fix it up.

Now i just wish they would provision the lines so we would actually see 12.

I know is the bits vs bites things, but as a consumer i think all we care about the is the bottom line, and to me (and someone who does not know better) that we are getting jib for not getting a true 12/1 or whatever the package is.

I know FIOS does over provision just because of that. I mean, right now i am loosing .51 due to the provision. What happens when we get to 50 down or so.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

nelamvr6 to papi4baby

Premium Member

to papi4baby
Does anyone still have the letter that was sent out from MC CT? Any chance you could post it?

TIA

PB
join:2001-10-23
Hollywood, MD

PB to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Hello fellow St. Marys Countite! My modem (Linksys CM100) didn't get the update. I just got off chat w/Chettra who said modem needed to get a new config file. File sent & Modem reset. Now seeing 11.69/0.98 Mbps:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6854.png
NetworkNH
join:2009-08-10
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH

Chettra helped me too! She was awesome!
NetworkNH

NetworkNH to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Just checked my speed again:

Not too shabby! I noticed a little slow down last night during "rush hour" but not too bad.

Sort of off topic, but what does everyone use for DNS servers? I've been using OpenDNS, but I notice sometimes they slow down. When that happens, I switch over to the local DNS's that Metrocast still has active for static IP users (65.175.128.46, 65.175.128.47) and (65.175.128.181, 65.175.128.240).

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

1 edit

nelamvr6 to papi4baby

Premium Member

to papi4baby
I use OpenDNS and I've never noticed any slowdown ...
NetworkNH
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Oh ok, I only notice it during "rush hour" in the evenings but I suppose it's to be expected. Thank you for responding!
quantumred
join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT

quantumred to ptrowski

to ptrowski
said by ptrowski:

The paperwork that went out said speeds and prices were effective January 1. My guess is the prices will go up before the speeds do.

You mean we don't have to call to have our prices increased?

Has anyone had the speed increase who has not called? I rebooted my modem in East Lyme, and I'm still at the old speeds.

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491 to papi4baby

to papi4baby
It took getting in to a chat but I have my new speeds as well.

Chick
join:2000-12-27
Niantic, CT

Chick to papi4baby

to papi4baby
It took the chat for me as well.

I'll buy ChettraC a drink anytime! I had tried rebooting several times without success before I went the Chat route.

Murph1
join:2005-09-02
New London, CT

Murph1 to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Just chatted online with Brandon and he sent out a reset. I still needed to reboot the modem on my end, but I now have the speed increase.

billh491
Portland, CT

billh491 to papi4baby

to papi4baby
I am thrilled to have my speed but I have to wonder, there are a couple of dozen of MC customers in this forum and we all are way more techie then 99.999% of the rest of their customers. We know enough to check or speeds and call or chat when we don't get it. I am guessing most do not even realize they should be getting better speeds.

I am not saying MC is trying to pull anything but way are most of us having to call or chat to get the upgrade? Most customers never will do that. O well more bandwidth for us I guess.
quantumred
East Lyme, CT

quantumred

I was thinking the same thing billh491. Based on the posts so far, it seems no one gets the speed increase unless they specifically ask for it.
quantumred

quantumred

I did a chat and got my updated config file. Nothing shows up in the modem log to indicate any change. Also, it was a little confusing as WandaF said my modem would be reset and I would lose connection, but that never happened. After about 15 minutes, I rebooted it myself, and indeed I have the new speed:

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Same here. I never saw a modem reset either. Rebooted the modem and router and the speeds were increased.
reedacus25
join:2012-01-03
Metairie, LA

reedacus25 to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Starkville is a crap shoot. Haven't checked with others but still on the 7d/.5u which was to go to 12d/1u and no luck. Chatted first person and said it would reboot the modem which it never did.

So I rebooted manually and lost my bonded channels. Chatted second rep, said he would send the stuff and to do a power cycle after 60 seconds of being unplugged. Got bonded channels back but no dice.

So then
quote:
GarrettM:
According to our Tier 2, this is a known issue they are aware of with some customers in Starkville and will be implementing a a change in the system tonight that should correct any of the modems that haven't successfully taken the upgrade such as yours.
So will report back tomorrow if we have takeoff. Will also talk to my friend with the 10/1->25/2 plan to see if he has any increase in speed since he hasn't traded up for a Docsis3 modem yet.

SiberWolf
@metrocast.net

SiberWolf to papi4baby

Anon

to papi4baby
Had the 18/2 plan here in MD (which should be getting upgraded to 25/2), consistently was getting 17-18.2 mbps. Rebooted the modem yesterday afternoon due to speed down to 1 mbps, and a 2 second ping. After that was only getting 12 down, but 2.5 up. Called today, rep on the phone pushed an update... now I'm seeing these speeds:

Rebooted several times, no change. Was told there would be some testing through tonight and a push out to everyone overnight. Will call back tomorrow or the next day if I don't see a change.

Jeff G
join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT

Jeff G to papi4baby

to papi4baby
I am getting slower DL speeds since my chat triggered bump hmmmm
jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara to papi4baby

to papi4baby

A super fast chat and the new speeds are here!

N3CAL
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL to SiberWolf

Premium Member

to SiberWolf
Having the same problem here in Md. also! I have the 18/2 Ultra Package but speeds have gone way down!

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

Mine is updated after a chat modem reset request

WOOOHOO!
NetworkNH
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Looking good icedcorn!

I love the smell of broadband in the morning!

Wish we had more upload though, my friend who has Comcast consistently gets 4-6 Mbps up!
quantumred
East Lyme, CT

quantumred

said by NetworkNH:

Wish we had more upload though, my friend who has Comcast consistently gets 4-6 Mbps up!

I think Charter also has up to 5Mbps up. Is there somewhere that the broadband providers are compared speedwise?

jsz0
Premium Member
join:2008-01-23
Jewett City, CT

jsz0 to billh491

Premium Member

to billh491
said by billh491 See Profile
I am not saying MC is trying to pull anything but way are most of us having to call or chat to get the upgrade? Most customers never will do that. O well more bandwidth for us I guess.
[/BQUOTE :

The speed upgrades are still in the process of being rolled out to everyone. It usually takes a few days to complete.

koan00
@metrocast.net

koan00 to N3CAL

Anon

to N3CAL
I used the chat method with WandaF on thursday here in MD. Rebooted then and no problems
tony_s_fan
join:2011-04-03
Putnam, CT

tony_s_fan to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Just got this in Putnam CT. High Speed.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 6247.png

billh491
Portland, CT

1 edit

billh491 to papi4baby

to papi4baby
Just installed my SB6121 Docsis 3 modem. This was well worth the money. While my old modem could give me the full speed that I pay for 25/2 but it would fluctuate the new modem is much more solid. Staying need the top, 24.47 on my download meter.
rkpetros
join:2003-06-03
Plainfield, CT

rkpetros to papi4baby

to papi4baby
I just received my first bill with the price increase today after the so called "upgrade". For me, I'm paying more money for lower speeds. Lately my speeds are worse than ever; cannot even stream video at all anymore. I'm very frustrated...it seems that every once in awhile I go along o.k. (not great) on speeds, but most of the time they are awful. I've been with Metrocast for over 9 years and it's time to start looking elsewhere for services. The prices at Metrocast keep going up for degraded service.