Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to papi4baby

Re: New speeds and more HD

It took getting in to a chat but I have my new speeds as well.

Chick

join:2000-12-27
Waterford, CT
reply to papi4baby
It took the chat for me as well.

I'll buy ChettraC a drink anytime! I had tried rebooting several times without success before I went the Chat route.

Murph1

join:2005-09-02
New London, CT
reply to papi4baby
Just chatted online with Brandon and he sent out a reset. I still needed to reboot the modem on my end, but I now have the speed increase.

billh491

Pomfret Center, CT
reply to papi4baby
I am thrilled to have my speed but I have to wonder, there are a couple of dozen of MC customers in this forum and we all are way more techie then 99.999% of the rest of their customers. We know enough to check or speeds and call or chat when we don't get it. I am guessing most do not even realize they should be getting better speeds.

I am not saying MC is trying to pull anything but way are most of us having to call or chat to get the upgrade? Most customers never will do that. O well more bandwidth for us I guess.

quantumred

join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT
I was thinking the same thing billh491. Based on the posts so far, it seems no one gets the speed increase unless they specifically ask for it.

quantumred

East Lyme, CT
I did a chat and got my updated config file. Nothing shows up in the modem log to indicate any change. Also, it was a little confusing as WandaF said my modem would be reset and I would lose connection, but that never happened. After about 15 minutes, I rebooted it myself, and indeed I have the new speed:

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
Same here. I never saw a modem reset either. Rebooted the modem and router and the speeds were increased.

reedacus25

join:2012-01-03
Starkville, MS
reply to papi4baby
Starkville is a crap shoot. Haven't checked with others but still on the 7d/.5u which was to go to 12d/1u and no luck. Chatted first person and said it would reboot the modem which it never did.

So I rebooted manually and lost my bonded channels. Chatted second rep, said he would send the stuff and to do a power cycle after 60 seconds of being unplugged. Got bonded channels back but no dice.

So then
quote:
GarrettM:
According to our Tier 2, this is a known issue they are aware of with some customers in Starkville and will be implementing a a change in the system tonight that should correct any of the modems that haven't successfully taken the upgrade such as yours.
So will report back tomorrow if we have takeoff. Will also talk to my friend with the 10/1->25/2 plan to see if he has any increase in speed since he hasn't traded up for a Docsis3 modem yet.

SiberWolf

@metrocast.net
reply to papi4baby
Had the 18/2 plan here in MD (which should be getting upgraded to 25/2), consistently was getting 17-18.2 mbps. Rebooted the modem yesterday afternoon due to speed down to 1 mbps, and a 2 second ping. After that was only getting 12 down, but 2.5 up. Called today, rep on the phone pushed an update... now I'm seeing these speeds:

Rebooted several times, no change. Was told there would be some testing through tonight and a push out to everyone overnight. Will call back tomorrow or the next day if I don't see a change.

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT
reply to papi4baby
I am getting slower DL speeds since my chat triggered bump hmmmm

jcantara

join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH
reply to papi4baby

A super fast chat and the new speeds are here!

N3CAL
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD
reply to SiberWolf
Having the same problem here in Md. also! I have the 18/2 Ultra Package but speeds have gone way down!

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH
Mine is updated after a chat modem reset request

WOOOHOO!

NetworkNH

join:2009-08-10
Northwood, NH
reply to papi4baby
Looking good icedcorn!

I love the smell of broadband in the morning!

Wish we had more upload though, my friend who has Comcast consistently gets 4-6 Mbps up!

quantumred

East Lyme, CT
said by NetworkNH:

Wish we had more upload though, my friend who has Comcast consistently gets 4-6 Mbps up!

I think Charter also has up to 5Mbps up. Is there somewhere that the broadband providers are compared speedwise?

jsz0
Premium
join:2008-01-23
Jewett City, CT
reply to billh491
said by billh491 See Profile
I am not saying MC is trying to pull anything but way are most of us having to call or chat to get the upgrade? Most customers never will do that. O well more bandwidth for us I guess.
[/BQUOTE :

The speed upgrades are still in the process of being rolled out to everyone. It usually takes a few days to complete.

koan00

@metrocast.net
reply to N3CAL
I used the chat method with WandaF on thursday here in MD. Rebooted then and no problems

tony_s_fan

join:2011-04-03
Putnam, CT
reply to papi4baby
Just got this in Putnam CT. High Speed.

»www.speedtest.net/result/1692896247.png

billh491

Pomfret Center, CT

1 edit
reply to papi4baby
Just installed my SB6121 Docsis 3 modem. This was well worth the money. While my old modem could give me the full speed that I pay for 25/2 but it would fluctuate the new modem is much more solid. Staying need the top, 24.47 on my download meter.

rkpetros

join:2003-06-03
Plainfield, CT
reply to papi4baby
I just received my first bill with the price increase today after the so called "upgrade". For me, I'm paying more money for lower speeds. Lately my speeds are worse than ever; cannot even stream video at all anymore. I'm very frustrated...it seems that every once in awhile I go along o.k. (not great) on speeds, but most of the time they are awful. I've been with Metrocast for over 9 years and it's time to start looking elsewhere for services. The prices at Metrocast keep going up for degraded service.

billh491

Pomfret Center, CT
reply to papi4baby
rkpetros forgive me if you have gone over this before but I know there are parts of the MC system where they have had major issues like MD but here in CT most of us have had very good service from MC. Have you had some one out to check it all out?

I know the few times I have had issues they have some right out and fixed them and the last time the ran a new cable from my house to the pole which is under ground and 150 feet away. They did not give me any hassle at all.

The only area where users of this forum have not been helped seem to be in multi unit apartments.

rkpetros

Plainfield, CT
No one has been out lately....I am going to call maybe on Friday to see if someone can help. Tonight, I'm not even getting a 5 upload speed. I'm giving up on using my internet and going to bed. Very frustrating, especially when you need your connection for work purposes.

papi4baby

join:2008-01-19
Callaway, MD
said by rkpetros:

No one has been out lately....I am going to call maybe on Friday to see if someone can help. Tonight, I'm not even getting a 5 upload speed. I'm giving up on using my internet and going to bed. Very frustrating, especially when you need your connection for work purposes.

Dont take this the wrong way, but how can you come here and get upset when you have not let them know there's a problem with your connection.

It is a known problem everytime they do upgrades.

I wish you best of luck with your service request.

Just a tip, if they said the signal is good inside the house, ask them if there's a leakage outside.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
said by papi4baby:

said by rkpetros:

Dont take this the wrong way, but how can you come here and get upset when you have not let them know there's a problem with your connection.

It is a known problem everytime they do upgrades.

I wish you best of luck with your service request.

Just a tip, if they said the signal is good inside the house, ask them if there's a leakage outside.

I have to agree here. You at least need to reach out to them to let them know there is an issue.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

rkpetros

Plainfield, CT
reply to papi4baby
Actually, over the past 9 years, I've contacted them many times for this same issue....they either have not shown up, shown up and "fixed" things temporarily, etc. I don't have the luxury of time to keep taking off of work waiting on technicians to "fix" problems, especially when it's temporary.

quantumred

East Lyme, CT
Maybe your area has issues. Service has definitely improved where I live, but there was a time when it was inconsistent.

I think your only other options are DSL/Uverse. Uverse is not available to me, but I had DSL recently. One thing I really disliked about the whole AT&T process is how they can't give you a straight answer about what speeds you can get, or worse, they promise something that turns out false, just to get you to sign up.

If you're lucky, you have neighbors with Uverse and can get an idea about speed and reliability from them. I wouldn't trust anything AT&T sales people say, or their web site.

NetworkNH

join:2009-08-10
Northwood, NH
reply to papi4baby
Just got a new Linksys E4200v2 from Staples and decided to do a speedtest tonight (was using an Airport Extreme 5th Gen previously). My internet never felt so snappy!