how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

t0ny4

join:2005-05-30
Nampa, ID

HTTP latency?

I've noticed my web browsing is REALLY slow tonight. I've ran a speed and ping test and they are normal.

So I opened up Chrome's network monitoring thing and I've noticed there is ~12 seconds of latency before some files are loaded.

Here is a video loading on youtube. It takes 12 seconds before my browser gets the redirect and another 7 before the video even loads. »i.imgur.com/D0MRm.png

And here is a random page on dslreports. It also has a 12 second latency. »i.imgur.com/1W69p.png

Is cableone doing some sort of proxy now? Why does my HTTP requests have so much latency?

BLITTZIN

join:2011-10-23
Sherman, TX

It's not just you. Read THIS is messed! in the cableone part. 90 percent plus packet loss on my cable1. I'm not a big fan.

John Patrick

join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
Reviews:
·CableOne
reply to t0ny4

Speed is a bit slow for my 10M plan but i also see some lag on opening certain web sites. Worst being Hulu and youtube.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
reply to t0ny4

Everything's okay here.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

areoh

join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

Had same issue. Just changed to Google's public DNS; issue "resolved."

I know this isn't a true "fix," but it just goes to show that something indeed, is/was going on.
--
»www.areoh.com

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS
Reviews:
·Vonage
·CableOne

said by areoh:

Had same issue. Just changed to Google's public DNS; issue "resolved."

I know this isn't a true "fix," but it just goes to show that something indeed, is/was going on.

That might explain why I didn't experience the issue.

I've been using OpenDNS for a couple of months now. Typically I would use CableOne's for the lower latency, but they were having some problems at the time, plus OpenDNS has improved since then.
--
CableOne 10m/1m

ota

@bellsouth.net

Yep, change to Google DNS also and problems fixed!!

maxell91

@cableone.net

The Cableone DNS lookup issues have been ongoing to varying degrees for a few years now. Now and then it will take two or three tries to get an address to resolve. DNS performance was really bad last weekend. It seems to have drastically improved over the past few days.