Search similar:

uniqs
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

2 edits

GTFan

[Rant] Price increase on latest bill for all tiers

Got my latest bill and Performance HSI is going up from $44.95 to $48.95, Blast is going from $54.95 to $58.95.

Gee thanks Comcast, speed and caps are not increasing and your costs to provide bandwidth have been going down, so it's time to raise rates!

Sure smells like the 'we're losing cable subs to cord cutters, let's get the monopoly money while we can' strategy.

And the FCC/Congress will continue to look the other way while lack of competition, price increases, UBB and caps continue to stifle HSI in this country, just like in Canada.

They're going to get their money one way or the other, and the lack of oversight here is incredibly shortsighted. Open access should have been mandated long ago, just as Europe and Asia have done with great success. But not here with our bought and paid for government.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Just to address "no speed increase": Provisioned rates have/are increasing.
GTFan
Austell, GA

GTFan

Not in my neck of the woods - Performance has been 12/2, Blast has been 16/4 for a few years now.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Have you tried running ShaperProbe to see if your actual provisioning has been upgraded?

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to GTFan

Premium Member

to GTFan
I thought comcast was a for-profit company, not a non profit.
carmine
join:2002-09-30
Waterbury, CT

carmine to GTFan

to GTFan
said by GTFan:

Got my latest bill and Performance HSI is going up from $44.95 to $48.95, Blast is going from $54.95 to $58.95.

Interesting how these things can vary significantly by market area.

My recent bill includes a page titled "IMPORTANT PRICE INFORMATION" which details upcoming price increases. In my area, those are:

Field Collection Charge from $15 to $20
Convenience Fee (for payments made by phone throgh a customer care representative) from $4.00 to $5.99
Signal Amplifier from $20 to $35
Bill Statement Reprint from $0 to $5

Economy Internet from $41.95 to $39.95
Performance Internet (standalone without other services) from $59.95 to $62.95
Blast Internet (standalone) from $69.95 to $72.95

Extreme 50 Internet (standalone) from $116.95 to $114.95

Econmomy Plus Internet; apparently a new offering?
Standalone: $39.95/month
Bundled with TV, vloice, or Xfinity2go: $29.95/month

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

It all depends on the area, and especially what, if any, competition there is.
BruceN
Hi
join:2006-11-17
Roswell, GA

BruceN to GTFan

to GTFan
So I just get TV over the Air, and switch my internet from Comcast to Uverse then back, all for a low promo rate. They are just teaching us all to leave then come back. That must be expensive.
GTFan
Austell, GA

GTFan to carmine

to carmine
said by carmine:

said by GTFan:

Interesting how these things can vary significantly by market area.

My recent bill includes a page titled "IMPORTANT PRICE INFORMATION" which details upcoming price increases. In my area, those are:

Performance Internet (standalone without other services) from $59.95 to $62.95
Blast Internet (standalone) from $69.95 to $72.95

The prices I quoted were bundled with TV service, the prices without are close if not the same that you quoted.
GTFan

GTFan to JohnInSJ

to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

Sure, and with little to no oversight on the HSI pricing side in a monopoly/duopoly market. Great business to be in, because the consumer has little recourse other than bend over and take it or accept a crappier internet experience.

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by GTFan:

said by JohnInSJ:

Sure, and with little to no oversight on the HSI pricing side in a monopoly/duopoly market.

Yep, that's what we have in America.

Ashbinz
Premium Member
join:2009-04-04
Richmond, VA

Ashbinz to GTFan

Premium Member

to GTFan
What town (area) is this? It would help to know so we can figure out exactly how the increases are being rolled out. So far, no increase here in central Virginia.
GTFan
Austell, GA

1 edit

GTFan

Atlanta

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ
Price gouging is not for profit it's greed.When you know that there is no competition, no sort of price control, and walla look where we are now.The past couple months I have been poking around the Isp's prices for different area codes around the country and low and behold unless you live in New york, L.A, I think we get the point, competition = holy crap they compete, and out in Timbuktu like most of us on these forums the sky is the limit on what they can charge.