|reply to jwoods1681 |
Re: [Malware] Can't find a virus, but Norton won't start
Thanks for letting me know. There are some quirks with the Comast version of Norton Security Suite.
If you decide to try it again in the future. Post in the Comcast forums and I can alert one of the experts more familiar with the problem.
We still need to cleanup from here...Cleaning Up:Delete TFC
- Delete the TFC icon on your Desktop
Delete Security Check
- Double click the OTL icon on your Desktop
- Press the 'Cleanup' button
Delete Malware Bytes
- Delete the SecurityCheck icon on your Desktop
- We recommend that you keep MalwareBytes (MBAM) and run it every week. There is no charge to keep the program however the real time protection will stop after the trial period. Be sure to update the definitions before each use. If you decide not to keep MBAM, use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall it.
- If we asked you to install any other programs that are not removed by the OTL cleanup procedure, we will provide separate removal instructions.
When angry count four; when very angry, swear.
Microsoft MVP/Consumer Security 2005-2011
Gladiator Security Forum