keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

PCInTech to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823

Re:  

Dude, I almost got a Grace, which was the most similar to the Livio in quality. Which model did you get?

The Livio does check for firmware updates, or you can do it manually, but you have the option to shut off the auto-check, which is "off" by default. I'm told the Grace radios are the same. Both radios use the same board and chipset, by the way, and are both Reciva powered.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

4 edits

19579823 (banned)

MINE JUST BROKE AFTER 3 FUCKING MONTHS!!!

I always unplug it when im not listening to it,well when i went to plug it in yesterday IT WOULDNT BOOT UP. (Wouldnt go past NETWORK INIT) -- PIECE OF GARBAGE!!! (Something was wrong with it from the start i think as it kept making funny noises during playing a stream)

I got another one,a LOGITECH radio.... THIS ONE ISNT ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THE OTHER ONE WAS.. YOU CANT ADD YOUR OWN STATIONS WITH IT!!!!!

Im not keeping this logitech piece of crap.... (They gave it to us as a replacement for the grace radio -- FAT CHANCE!!)

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY

PCInTech

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

MINE JUST BROKE AFTER 3 FUCKING MONTHS!!!

It should still be under warranty, no? I had a problem with my Livio Radio after 3 months, the network card stopped working. I called them up, they had me send it in, and they put in an even better wireless network card than the original, and shipped it back to me the same day. Excellent service!

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to 19579823

Mod

to 19579823
said by 19579823:

I got another one,a LOGITECH radio.... THIS ONE ISNT ANYWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THE OTHER ONE WAS.. YOU CANT ADD YOUR OWN STATIONS WITH IT!!!!!

Im not keeping this logitech piece of crap....

Which Logitech did they give you? I have never seen one that you couldn't change the channels on. In fact, the Logitech should play many formats that the Grace won't.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

No you cant ADD YOUR OWN ONLINE STREAM URLs with the logitech....

And i couldnt find stations as easy,it was crap..... (A squeezebox something,i dont remember)

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin

Mod

Squeezebox are great devices and can do much more than the Grace. No need to put everything in caps just because you didn't read any directions. I own multiple Squeezebox classics and adding URLs is easy. Here is a link to their help page on the issue.

»logitech-en-amr.custhelp ··· ox-radio

This info may be slightly dated as there is a new Squeezebox Server now called Logitech Media Server but the difference is mainly in the screen shots and arrangement. All of the features are still intact (including adding radio stations) in the new server.