spc
uniqs
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to Blondie67

to Blondie67

Re: [DSL] Modem Support Fee

I hope other providers notice this and start charging also.
People need to pay for support companies should not have to bleed money supporting peoples inferior equipment.
This support fee will provide better service for all.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

You can't be serious. Frontier is an inferior company in every respect of the word. The modem fee is a money grab on their part. Nothing more, nothing less. Better service ? Nope.
Blondie67
join:2011-08-20
Hobart, IN

Blondie67 to nonymous

to nonymous
And just what kind of support do you need for a modem? Either a modem is working or it isn't. If it isn't working you can buy a new one for a lot less than $84. Also when Frontier took over I received a letter from them telling me not to worry, nothing would change. Well so far they've added on a $1.50 HSI surcharge and now a $6.99 modem support fee. I would call this a change.

Dolgan
Premium Member
join:2005-10-01
Madison, WI

Dolgan to nonymous

Premium Member

to nonymous
quote:
People need to pay for support companies should not have to bleed money supporting peoples inferior equipment.
Maybe you could use part of the fee to learn proper English.

This support fee will pay for CEO Bonuses and shareholder dividends.
Blondie67
join:2011-08-20
Hobart, IN

Blondie67

Good retort to nonymous, Dolgan. Also, if Frontier is going to charge a modem support fee, we should get our money's worth. Call up customer support for every little thing. Ask them how to turn the modem on or ask what do all the green lights mean.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to nonymous

Premium Member

to nonymous
said by nonymous:

That makes absolutely ZERO sense. There is no support for non-ISP Modems and to charge a fee and to still not support configuration or setup assistance with non-ISP supplied DSL Modems is just theft. It will not improve anything but the bank balance of Frontier the ISP.

Seriously, how do you know people have inferior products compared to the well known to be missing features (at the request of the ISP to lower the per unit cost to Frontier) Westell Wireless product the ISP is pushing as a rental. Almost any other brand is superior to that.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to nonymous

Premium Member

to nonymous
said by nonymous:

Is this a joke?
Expand your moderator at work