spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

iguessimcool

@yscriticalcare.com

Churn rates show otherwise

AT&T's all time record low churn rates indicate that customers are happier with them than they are with Sprint, T-Mobile and most of the other smaller players. (Happy enough not to leave)

Churn rates are better barometers of customer satisfaction than anecodtal non scientific reports generated by pro-consumer anti-corporate firms.

Have you ever read Consumer Reports on Washing machines and other electronics. Often times they are well off the mark.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by iguessimcool :

Have you ever read Consumer Reports on Washing machines and other electronics. Often times they are well off the mark.

That ain't no s**t they were well off on the washer me and the wife decided to purchase which was a "top rated model" by them.

I was just glad I got the extended warranty that cost the company selling it to me $600 to fix (I paid $150 for the warranty) when the drive system bearings went out and the tub would no longer spin to the proper speeds it was supposed to.
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

vzw emp

@144.191.148.x
reply to iguessimcool

Possibly. But have you taken into account the $175 - $350 ETF? I know the only thing that kept me at the Death Star was the ETF (and back then there was no "pro-rated" ETF). The extra cash may have something to do with keeping some of those customers with AT&T (especially while they had an exclusive on the iPhone).

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to iguessimcool

said by iguessimcool :

AT&T's all time record low churn rates

Compared to what?

Looks like they're just a tad above Verizon.
quote:
AT&T total churn: 1.28%
AT&T postpaid churn: 1.15% (this actually went up .01% versus 3rd Q year ago, but to be fair when you exclude their Alltel and Centennial migrations their postpaid churn would have been 1.11%)

VZW total churn: 1.26%
VZW postpaid churn: 0.94%
»www.city-data.com/forum/cell-pho···-21.html

voicestream1

@yscriticalcare.com

Check out Sprint's and T-Mobile's churn rates. Way worse than AT&T's.

If customers hated AT&T so much they'd leave and wouldn't be signing up in record numbers and they wouldn't stay.

I feel there is a collective force behind the media to smear AT&T every chance they get.

AT&T does deserve to be called out when they do something dumb but the constant barrash consisting of anti-business consumer watch groups and paid internet bashers shows a disturbing agenda. Reminds me of reading about the Salem witch trials here in our own country of long ago.

What's sad is that most of these hippies who bitch about AT&T and the industry in general are usually the tin foil hat people complaining about a cell site near their kids elementary school or firehouse.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8

People can't leave AT&T because the ETF is so high.

People leave Sprint and T-Mobile for the iPhone.
--
My Blog 2.2

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to voicestream1

I thought all the hippies grew up to be cool parents with iPhones?

No, there isn't some conspiracy against AT&T, they really do generally have poor service overall. I have not looked too closely at this year's financial reports, but this same issue was brought up last year, and it was determined that 70% of the customers were on family plans with multiple devices while 40% were locked into a corporate contract. Add to that, the iPhone really doesn't work that well with Sprint or Verizon's CDMA technology, and few customers are moving.

AT&T has the luxury of letting their customer service dwindle precisely because they are structured to shrug off any potential mass migration. There are far too many isolated reports that all come out with similar results to suggest that AT&T is getting a bad rap.

membername

@yscriticalcare.com

Disagree with your "overall," comment. They may suck locally for some people but overall their network is extemely large and robust. They have had specific capacity challenges in some metro areas but they also have the higheset concentration of smartphones of any US wireless carrier.

I believe the iPhone exposed them to initital criticism and they never recovered the premium image. I would go as far as stating that many people who rag on AT&T online no longer use them but they still feel their 2008 opinions are still valid.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

When compared to the competition, it would seem that AT&T may work for some people locally, but overall their network is not as satisfying.

Expand your moderator at work

notsoCheap

@yscriticalcare.com
reply to Gbcue

Re: Churn rates show otherwise

Check out Sprint's ETF. Not so cheap.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by notsoCheap :

Check out Sprint's ETF. Not so cheap.

So? We're talking about why the churn rate for AT&T is low. Because of the iPhone and high ETFs.
--
My Blog 2.2

NuShrike

join:2010-09-01
reply to iguessimcool

Churn is low because of satisfaction with the iPhone and contract lock-in, NOT because of AT&T itself.

There's a lot of iSheep out there who will gladly, and unquestioningly, pay large sums of contract-lock-in every month just so they can get their iPhones. It's really perplexing but you're right, the "market has spoken".

NuShrike

join:2010-09-01
reply to membername

The CR report is from 2011, as in this year, now.

Since AT&T's culture hasn't changed nor their deployment strategy, those "opinions" are very well justified.