how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

voicestream1

@yscriticalcare.com
reply to fatness

Re: Churn rates show otherwise

Check out Sprint's and T-Mobile's churn rates. Way worse than AT&T's.

If customers hated AT&T so much they'd leave and wouldn't be signing up in record numbers and they wouldn't stay.

I feel there is a collective force behind the media to smear AT&T every chance they get.

AT&T does deserve to be called out when they do something dumb but the constant barrash consisting of anti-business consumer watch groups and paid internet bashers shows a disturbing agenda. Reminds me of reading about the Salem witch trials here in our own country of long ago.

What's sad is that most of these hippies who bitch about AT&T and the industry in general are usually the tin foil hat people complaining about a cell site near their kids elementary school or firehouse.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8

People can't leave AT&T because the ETF is so high.

People leave Sprint and T-Mobile for the iPhone.
--
My Blog 2.2

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to voicestream1

I thought all the hippies grew up to be cool parents with iPhones?

No, there isn't some conspiracy against AT&T, they really do generally have poor service overall. I have not looked too closely at this year's financial reports, but this same issue was brought up last year, and it was determined that 70% of the customers were on family plans with multiple devices while 40% were locked into a corporate contract. Add to that, the iPhone really doesn't work that well with Sprint or Verizon's CDMA technology, and few customers are moving.

AT&T has the luxury of letting their customer service dwindle precisely because they are structured to shrug off any potential mass migration. There are far too many isolated reports that all come out with similar results to suggest that AT&T is getting a bad rap.

notsoCheap

@yscriticalcare.com
reply to Gbcue

Check out Sprint's ETF. Not so cheap.

membername

@yscriticalcare.com
reply to jmn1207

Disagree with your "overall," comment. They may suck locally for some people but overall their network is extemely large and robust. They have had specific capacity challenges in some metro areas but they also have the higheset concentration of smartphones of any US wireless carrier.

I believe the iPhone exposed them to initital criticism and they never recovered the premium image. I would go as far as stating that many people who rag on AT&T online no longer use them but they still feel their 2008 opinions are still valid.

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1

When compared to the competition, it would seem that AT&T may work for some people locally, but overall their network is not as satisfying.

Expand your moderator at work

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to notsoCheap

Re: Churn rates show otherwise

said by notsoCheap :

Check out Sprint's ETF. Not so cheap.

So? We're talking about why the churn rate for AT&T is low. Because of the iPhone and high ETFs.
--
My Blog 2.2

NuShrike

join:2010-09-01
reply to membername

The CR report is from 2011, as in this year, now.

Since AT&T's culture hasn't changed nor their deployment strategy, those "opinions" are very well justified.