spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gregftlaud

join:2009-07-16

4 edits

How many upstream bonding channels/ft lauderdale area?

I have a docsis 3.0 Motorola SB6120. I have 4 downstream bonding channels and 1 upstream bonding channel. I have read online there should be 3 or 4 upstream bonding channels? Is this true or is it 1? I have the Extreme Tier. Also i live in ft lauderdale

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX

Re: How many upstream bonding channels?

Yes there are some users in this forums that had some screen shots showing 3 upstream channels but it's a little bit over kill with the limited amount of upload you are given with performance/blast.
--
Team Discovery-Join the fight

gregftlaud

1 edit
Ok well i only have 1 bonding upstream bonding channel is that ok? I'm on the extremem tier. If we want more bonding channels i think i read online it should be 3 how do we get all 3 on the motorola sb6120 (i own mine)

Also i havent been pushed a firmware upgrade since aug 10, 2010 i'm stuck at SB612X-1.0.3.3-SCM00-NOSH is that the version i shuld be on?

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
kudos:1
reply to gregftlaud
I have 2 Upstream Bonding Channels here.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to gregftlaud
NOT EVERYONE HAS UPSTREAM BONDING.
--
I'm better than you!
Expand your moderator at work

Ripper
Premium
join:2002-02-07
West Palm Beach, FL
reply to gregftlaud

Upstream bonding depends on the area you are located,not the plan your on.

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Ripper:

From what I understand, depending on the CMTS installed in your area, only the Extreme tiers may have upstream bonding activated.

(Still, most areas do not have upstream bonding at all right now)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 recommendation

said by nysports4evr:

said by Ripper:

From what I understand, depending on the CMTS installed in your area, only the Extreme tiers may have upstream bonding activated.

(Still, most areas do not have upstream bonding at all right now)

Bonding is not based on what plan you're on just what area you're in

at some point everyone will have 8/4 even if you're just on a 15/3 plan

the bonding is done based on the quality of the connection and if the CMTS is configured for, ie bonding has nothing to do with what plan you're on, though a lack of bonding may make some plans unachevable.

nysports4evr
Premium
Not necessarily. netcool indicates here: »Re: Upstream channel bonding returned today that areas running on a Cisco CMTS may only see bonding on certain tiers.

gregftlaud

so is this something new they are slowly rolling out?

nysports4evr
Premium
A few months ago many members here reporting having it, but there were some compatibility issues with certain modems that resulted in it having to be turned off. Few areas are starting to report that it's coming back, now.

gregftlaud

1 edit
Yah i own my motorola sb6120 docsis 3.0 modem and i've never had more than 1 upstream bonding channel. Also i'm on the Extreme Tier.

Chester2

join:2000-10-17
Menlo Park, CA
reply to gregftlaud
Here in Silicon Valley my modem is showing 4 channels down and 3 channels up.
--
Craig
»www.CraigHarris.org My BLOG on Motorcycles and Computer Stuff.

gregftlaud

Comcast tech support isnt any help to me. I called them twice to ask them about the upstream bonding channels. The two people i spoke with about not having more than 1 upstream bonding channel didnt even have a clue about what bonding channels are. One of the tech agents even told me i needed to call sales! Of course i did and sales was perplexed as to why tech support would have me call sales about a technical issues. I'm about to give up on getting any answers. Whenever i have issues most people are of great help but then u get those few that just dont know things. Like every tech agent i've talked to dont even know what the things in my modem logs mean. Like T3 timeouts, T4, etc etc.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to nysports4evr
said by nysports4evr:

Not necessarily. netcool indicates here: »Re: Upstream channel bonding returned today that areas running on a Cisco CMTS may only see bonding on certain tiers.

any CMTS configured like that needs a better admin that understands the benefit of bonding, or they're just doing it to lower the numbers effected if it messes up before a full roll out.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
Katy, TX
reply to gregftlaud

Re: How many upstream bonding channels/ft lauderdale area?

As long as your getting your full upload (Give or take 10%) I wouldn't worry about it. It's just something interesting to have and they will eventually roll out everywhere.
--

gregftlaud

well my upload shuld be 15mb on the extreme tier i averge 7-8mg on speedtest.net and speedtest.comcast.net when i try it. i ran a ping test on the speedtest.net site and my grade was A so seems like everything is ok. i remember when docsis 3.0 rolled out u culd call comcast tech support and see if it was available in ur area but with this upstream bonding channel they have absolutely no info on it and some of them dont even know what bonding channels are.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
Katy, TX
I'm pretty sure extreme 105 is 105/10. I didn't see anywhere mentioning 15 up on the site is there any techs can confirm this? If that's so you should be seeing more then 7-8.
--

netcool
Premium,VIP
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO
kudos:112
said by MysticGogeta:

I'm pretty sure extreme 105 is 105/10.

In a very few select areas its been upgraded to 15Mbps, but you would have received a notice if that were the case.

In FL the Extreme tier is still 50/10Mbps.

netcool
Premium,VIP
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO
kudos:112
reply to DarkLogix

said by DarkLogix:

any SMTS configured like that needs a better admin that understands the benefit of bonding, or they're just doing it to lower the numbers effected if it messes up before a full roll out.

Or perhaps other reasons that you may not be privy to? I assure you it's for a good reason. In time everyone will see USCB but it may take awhile.

gregftlaud

reply to MysticGogeta

Re: How many upstream bonding channels/ft lauderdale area?

I have extreme 50 not extreme 105

And if i go to comcast.com and "shop" plug in my phone number it brings up the offers and extreme 50 is 50 down and 15up.

U might have different speed tiers and upload/download speeds in ur area.

I"m in ft lauderdale

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
Katy, TX
I would give them a call your upload might not be provisioned right if they offer 50/15 for your area.
--

gregftlaud

I've called them several times after i upgraded to extreme 50 last week. They told me my modem was correctly provisioned. I did the upgrade thru sales i just call tech support just to make sure it was done correctly and they said yes. They said everything looked fine. Said my modem levels were all optimal.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
Katy, TX
I would make a post in the Comcast direct forum they might be able to help you a lot more in getting it provisioned properly if it is 50/15.
--

nysports4evr
Premium
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to gregftlaud
said by gregftlaud:

I have extreme 50 not extreme 105

And if i go to comcast.com and "shop" plug in my phone number it brings up the offers and extreme 50 is 50 down and 15up.

U might have different speed tiers and upload/download speeds in ur area.

I"m in ft lauderdale

If Netcool says the extreme tiers are still only provisioned with 10 Mbit upload in FL I'd certainly trust him over the Comcast website. The website has rarely showed the correct tiers/their provisioned rates for me.