rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

rody_44 to BronsCon

Premium Member

to BronsCon

Re: [Rant] Leaving Comcast..... if they'll let me go...

Just my 17 years that i worked for them. And the same as a customer. Comcast does not and has never offered a 12 month contract that gives a 300.00 gift card. Am i surprised that you were told you were under contract. Not at all. The 300.00 gift card promo around the country involves two year agreements and always have. Disconnect times vary around the country and some may make 90 days past due. But that would be highly unusual. Its usually 60 days past due for physical disconnect and as little as 10 days for a soft disconnect. I quit this year but my final 6 years was for Comcast collections so i do know a little bit about what im talking about.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by rody_44:

Just my 17 years that i worked for them. And the same as a customer. Comcast does not and has never offered a 12 month contract that gives a 300.00 gift card. Am i surprised that you were told you were under contract. Not at all. The 300.00 gift card promo around the country involves two year agreements and always have. Disconnect times vary around the country and some may make 90 days past due. But that would be highly unusual. Its usually 60 days past due for physical disconnect and as little as 10 days for a soft disconnect. I quit this year but my final 6 years was for Comcast collections so i do know a little bit about what im talking about.

I think he's scratching his head now after realizing that you may acutally know something better than him after working with Comcast...

to the OP...

what do you think you're chances are of winning in court if you were to file a suit? with a petty suit like this, they might just settle with you for say max of $500 or even 1k? because they think you might just be wasting their time. this way, your out of their radar and out of their system.

other than that, you may be fighting an uphill battle that in the end, might not give you an outstanding outcome that you might expect from out of this.

I think you're better off talking calmly [while playing dumb] to a comcast rep to give you better results.

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon to rody_44

to rody_44
Good for you. Again, who said $300?

The girl at the SC yesterday said yes, I am under contract. She's pulling the contract today and calling me. I'll also be receiving a copy of it, since I never did originally (it may have been displayed on my screen at some point, must have if I "signed" it, but I have no physical copy of it). I do, however, have the promotional materials, as well as every single bill and work order from the day I ordered service, up until today. The promo materials don't say $300, and neither do I; once again, it's $250. If you worked for Comcast for 17 years in any department remotely related to CS, you'd know of that promotion, I'm sure. Oh, look, it's even on Comcast's site this morning.
BronsCon

BronsCon to medbuyer

to medbuyer
I wasn't scratching my head, I was sleeping (possibly getting ready for work or eating breakfast, I'm not sure whether the post time displayed is my local time or "DSLReports time"). Here on the west coast it's only just now 8AM. And I'm still not scratching my head.

Who said anything about suing them for money? I'd love for them to settle for $500 or $1k, that would give me enough to pay the balance of my bill, as well as the ETF, with between $100 and $600 to spare. I'm not out for money, though; I'm out to have the $105 ETF waived due to them not holding their end of the contract. A $500-1000 settlement exceeds what I'm seeking by $390-895 and they're welcome to throw money at me if they wish.

I think you, asjamas, and rody misunderstand what I'm after, here.