Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

navymaverick

join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE
kudos:3

[Lore] A place for Blizzardized History

I know this might be edited later by Ada, our lore expert.

I seem to recall today as an anniversary of the attack on Menethil Harbor by the Night elves. They snuck on and nearly sunk the entire fleet of ships the alliance had anchored there with their fleet of chickenhawk riders. Many lost their lives that fateful Sunday morning.

The King of Lorderon stood before the counsel and talked about the deliberate and sudden attack from the NEs and demanded that they go to war. This sparked the biggest war in the history of all of WoW lore. The alliance and horde faught for years.

When the Humans finally kicked the NEs asses they became good friends with closely intertwined economies. Now on this day we are to remember the sacrifices made that day by the alliance navy.

Please correct me of any errors that you all might find.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

I seem to recall today as an anniversary of the attack on Menethil Harbor by Tauren Rogues. They snuck on and nearly sunk the entire fleet of ships the alliance had anchored there with their fleet of chickenhawk riders. Their battle cry of Tauren! Tauren! Tauren! was heard loud over the pass from the Wetlands. Many lost their lives that fateful Sunday morning.

The King of Lorderon stood before the counsel and talked about the deliberate and sudden attack from the Tauren and demanded that they go to war. This sparked the biggest war in the history of all of WoW lore. The alliance and horde faught for years, because the Forsaken had not yet broken free of the Lich King's sway. If they were in the fight it wouldn't have taken as long. Remember the Wrathgate? That would have been the Forsaken battle cry.

When the Humans finally kicked the NEs asses for dancing like they like to touch children they became good friends with closely intertwined economies. Now on this day we are to remember the sacrifices made that day by the alliance navy.

Though multiple cease-fires have been declared, the tensions between the two factions still exists.

Please correct me of any errors that you all might find.
--
Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Adalicia
PoM Nom Nom 'Mon

join:2009-10-13
Columbus, NE
kudos:12
reply to navymaverick

Congrats, I just went cross eyed.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

count to 10 and breathe into a paper bag... feel better dont ya

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to navymaverick

It reads better after beer.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to navymaverick

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIINNN

MIABye
Premium
join:2001-10-28
united state
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·PowWeb
·Internet Nebraska
·Earthlink Cable ..

1 edit
reply to navymaverick

No, actually the night elves almost killed all the humans. The attack on the harbor was the beginning of a bloody war between the humans and the night elves. I can't remember what started it. The humans were losing and badly. It ended with the humans making their last stand in what is now known as Stormwind. There was a plan to evacuate the remaining human civilians to Iron Forge while the last brave soldiers formed a line between the humans and the night elves. The night elves were about to wipe out the humans when the night elves suddenly had a vision that they had a close spiritual link to the humans. Some theorize it was the life binder who did this. The leaders of the night elves suddenly ordered an immediate surrender without explanation. It was after that the humans and night elves became allies. It's also how Stormwind was founded. In honor on the humans who were willing to fight against impossible odds. Brings a tear to my eyes.
--
iMac 2.5 Ghz i5 (Lion/Windows 7) - MacBook Air 13" 1.7 Ghz i5 (Lion) - iPhone 4 (ATT) 32 Gig - iPad 16 Gig Wifi only (1st Gen)

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

15 years later and Sephiroth is still the most epic character in all of gaming. Even with a santa hat.

MIABye
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·PowWeb
·Internet Nebraska
·Earthlink Cable ..

said by Threatco:

15 years later and Sephiroth is still the most epic character in all of gaming. Even Especially with a santa hat.

--
iMac 2.5 Ghz i5 (Lion/Windows 7) - MacBook Air 13" 1.7 Ghz i5 (Lion) - iPhone 4 (ATT) 32 Gig - iPad 16 Gig Wifi only (1st Gen)

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to navymaverick

That really doesn't do justice to the extraordinarily complicated Azerothian situation at the time.

The Night Elves had an advanced and ancient civilization that was far superior to most other cultures for thousands of years. However, because of their isolationism, most of the other major Azerothian cultures had surpassed it in magic and technology several hundred years earlier. However, some seven or eight decades before the outbreak of the War, a Stormwind admiral sailed into Night Elf seas and opened their country to trade on implied threat of force. The Night Elves then rapidly modernized their culture by imitating Gnomish and Stormwind magic and technology.

By the decade before the outbreak of war, the Night Elves had substantially caught up with, and in some ways surpassed, other cultures. They began to imitate Worgen colonial domination of the Orcs by invading the Tauren. This caused a serious strain in relations with Stormwind, which had been trying to encourage Tauren modernization.

The Night Elves were allied with the Dwarves. During this same time, the Dwarves, who had been defeated by an alliance of the Gnomes, Worgen, and Blood Elves (later aided by Stormwind), was regaining its natural economic strength. Determined to avenge its humiliation, the Dwarves engaged in a sudden invasion of its weaker neighbors. The concerned Gnomes and Worgen at first attempted appeasement of the Dwarves because they remembered the awful cost of the earlier war. However, after making a secret alliance with the Blood Elves, the Dwarves suddenly invaded Gnomerigan, defeating the Gnomish armies in weeks, and trapping the Worgen army against the sea. The Worgen armies escaping only after a heroic and massive rescue by the Worgen fleet aided by many Worgen civilians in pleasure craft and fishing boats.

The Dwarves contemplated a seaborne invasion of Worgen lands, but were held off by the Worgen Griffin Force. During this time, Stormwind aided the Worgen by providing arms and supplies in exchange for base leases. However, after battering Worgen cities from the air for months, the Dwarves suddenly broke its treaty and invaded Blood Elf lands. The Worgen were still at war, but finally had some breathing space.

Meanwhile, the situation between Stormwind and the Night Elves became more and more strained. Having few natural resources, the Night Elves were dependent on raw materials imported from Stormwind. Because of the tensions between Stormwind and the Night Elves, Stormwind placed an embargo on the Night Elves.

In desperation, the Night Elves decided they needed to expand their empire to obtain additional natural resources. However, they were concerned that any action they took would be opposed by Stormwind, which had a large fleet based at Menethil harbor. Consequently, their greatest admiral conceived a plan for a sneak attack against the Stormwind fleet, which, if successful, would allow the Night Elves free rein. Today, of course, is the anniversary of that attack, in which thousands of Stormwind sailors, soldier, and griffin riders died.

The attack, of course, galvanized the population of Stormwind. The Dwarves, in support of the Night Elves, declared war on Stormwind, and Stormwind decided on an "Eastern Kingdoms First" policy. An alliance of Stormwind, the Worgen, and the Blood Elves (aided by the free Gnomes) eventually defeated the Dwarves and Night Elves.

However, in the aftermath of the war, the political situation was completely shaken up, with many former foes becoming friends and allies becoming enemies. The Dwarves and Night Elves were reconstructed with assistance from, and became strong allies of, Stormwind, Gnomerigan, and the Worgen. Despite the creation of the United Empires, the Blood Elves pursued expansionist policies, which were opposed by Stormwind, and the two powers ended up fighting endless proxy wars. The Taurens initially fell under Blood Elf influence, but eventually separated as they slowly modernized. The Orcs threw off Gnomish colonialism, and became a great regional power in its own right.

MIABye
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·PowWeb
·Internet Nebraska
·Earthlink Cable ..

No no no. The dwarves didn't ally themselves with the elves at first. They had a strong distrust with anyone who practiced magic. They have been allies with humans for a long time. The fact that some night elves could shape shift, druids, was even seen as evil by the dwarves at first. It wasn't until much later that dwarves became practitioners of magic had their own paladins and priests.
--

Adalicia
PoM Nom Nom 'Mon

Columbus, NE

1 recommendation

Paladins and Priests =/= Magic.

Both work off the Light, which is more a spiritual power versus the technical definition of magic, which is Arcane energy. Druids and Shamans also don't use "magic" per say in the WoW universe but rather commune with the elements and Demi-Gods of some variety to gain their strength and abilities.

Only Mages and Warlocks (the latter going a step further and delving into fel energies rather than just the arcane) technically control magic.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

MIABye
Premium
united state

Shhh. I was just messing with you. I don't need another woman angry with me.

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON

said by MIABye:

Another nickel in my pocket

MIABye
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·PowWeb
·Internet Nebraska
·Earthlink Cable ..

said by Slydermv:

said by MIABye:

What the huh?
--

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to navymaverick

So now that we know the history of the current races in WoW, where do the panda bears come in? I am still trying to figure them out.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

said by navymaverick:

So now that we know the history of the current races in WoW, where do the panda bears come in? I am still trying to figure them out.

Something about fried rice and orange chicken according to my take out dinner last night.

Adalicia
PoM Nom Nom 'Mon

Columbus, NE

1 edit
reply to navymaverick

Was this supposed to be a serious thread with serious discussion about lore and history or was it a play off of yesterday being Pearl Harbor, because if it is the former there are more than a couple factual inaccuracies.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Slydermv

join:2010-03-11
Thunder Bay, ON
reply to MIABye

said by MIABye:

said by Slydermv:

said by MIABye:

What the huh?

Ada is a dude... everyone seems to think he's a chick.

MIABye
Premium
united state
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·PowWeb
·Internet Nebraska
·Earthlink Cable ..

said by Slydermv:

Ada is a dude... everyone seems to think he's a chick.

Oh. My bad. I could have sworn I've seen a thread or two where Ada and the word she..... Anyway, I don't know what the intent of the thread is, but i just started making stuff up to get a reaction out of you Ada. Don't hate me Just go to your mental happy place and imagine lots of kittens.
--

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to Adalicia

said by Adalicia:

Was this supposed to be a serious thread with serious discussion about lore and history or was it a play off of yesterday being Pearl Harbor, because if it is the former there are more than a couple factual inaccuracies.

As the thread is "Blizzardized History" I took it as a play on Pearl Harbor Day. Everything in my post is purely blizzardized WWII history intended to give some context to a "Menethil Harbor Day."

Adalicia
PoM Nom Nom 'Mon

Columbus, NE

As did I but navymaverick seems intent on keeping it going and I can't tell when he is being serious or when he isn't.
--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to navymaverick

i hope it wasn't serious, I "blizzardized" navy's version because Tauren! Tauren! Tauren! is a such a great battle cry.

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to navymaverick

It was a play on Pearl Harbor and I see that many of you got that.
I used "Blizzardized" instead of "Bastardized".
And I knew the LORE tag would get Ada's attention.
And for the sake of this forum Ada is a girl... a cool one at that.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Threatco

said by Threatco:

15 years later and Sephiroth is still the most epic character in all of gaming. Even with a santa hat.

+1

Adalicia
PoM Nom Nom 'Mon

Columbus, NE
reply to navymaverick

said by navymaverick:

And for the sake of this forum Ada is a girl... a cool one at that.

Sigh...
--

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to Adalicia

Ah, you mean his post asking about the pandas! Well, I suppose while it started with a play on Pearl Harbor Day, blizzardized history doesn't have to end with Menethil Harbor Day.

The Pandarans are a highly religious people, whose culture was the foundation of three major world religions. In the far ancient past they were conquered and enslaved by the forefathers of the Undead, and they spent many generations in slavery. However, a prophet rose up among them, and after a series of miracles, forced the Undead King to free his people.

The Pandarans eventually conquored a small country in their ancestral homelands, but thousands of years later were conquored and again dispersed. After the second great war they re-established themselves in their ancestral homeland, surrounded by enemies. They maintain their existence only by every Pandaren being highly trained in military arts.

navymaverick

Papillion, NE
reply to navymaverick

So someone went there.