spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

poordebru

@mchsi.com

[IN] Very slow speeds and Pings

Should you have to pay for internet at 15 if you are only getting 2-3-4 down. They say there is a utilization problem but that has been going on for about a year. No date for fix. Told that utilization is 80%-90% almost every time I call. Is this legal to charge for speed not given?

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
they'll tell you its up to 15 and this is somewhat widespread.

poordebru

@mchsi.com
Maybe MediaCom should advertise as low as .5 and then customers could decide if they want to pay for 15 down knowing they are only going to get .5 probably. I just figure when you are told by customer reps 15 down-1.5 up to get your business that they would come a little closer than 1,2,3,.5 down. We have all seen their TV ads saying lightning fast internet speeds. I do not remember them saying up to 1,2,3,4, down.

motoman

join:2006-03-21
Waterloo, IN
reply to poordebru
You are not alone, it's been terrible as of late here.
Hope to get it fixed soon!

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
reply to poordebru
I apologize for the slow speeds. If you want to send me your telephone# MAC ID I can take a look and see what info we have on your downstream

poordebru

join:2011-12-09
Decatur, IN

1 edit
removed

fourboxers
Co-Lead Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto, ON
poordebru your MAC address was removed from your post, you should send that to MediacomChad See Profile through IM.

poordebru

join:2011-12-09
Decatur, IN
We are now having problems with the phone. Can hear everyone on the other end but they can not hear us all the time. Still having speed issues, packet loss. Have sent info to Media Com Chad and hoping he can get me an understanding as to what is being done or not being done as to our problems.
It seems that every time I call I am told everything is perfect signal wise or you have a utilization problem or you have a problem outside the house on the line. We need to send a tech out. The tech has been sent here 4 times, showed up 3 times, 1 time with tech super.

Hoping Chad can help us.

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
Assuming your phone equipment is OK, most of the time a problem like that is caused by the upstream SNR.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.