·EarthLink
·ViaTalk
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to revive

Re: regarding the Littleton area

said by revive :

@FarmerBob,
My wife and I are considering moving to the Littleton, CO area (actually considering multiple suburbs around Denver).. and I'm learning about the telco issues from CL down there.. thanks for the posting! On a side note, can you provide any feedback on littleton for us? - lifestyle, weather, summer/winters temps, areas to avoid ??
Thanks so much !!

Glad my "escapades" with the local Telco were of help to you. It's getting pretty sad around here. And we're suppose to be a tech center.

As far as Littleton, I have lived here most of my life, leaving for a year or two, but always coming back (even from paradise in the Caribbean). I'm a "Colorado Boy", it's something that gets in your blood. I live close to Old Downtown and the area is great. There is a ton of new growth, young professionals and their families or starting families, in this area and it's considered one, if not the most popular in the Front Range. The Downtown area is growing with many new entertainment venues and restaurants recently opened or opening soon. It is a very family and young adult oriented growth, but it's a perfect fit for all ages. It has been said that Littleton is the best place in the U.S. to raise children.

Really no areas to avoid. We're a Southern suburb and are more "down home" than Urban. DT Denver is a few minutes North and we're surrounded by anything you could ever want on a short drive. Then there's the mountains! Weather can range from 94 one day to 6" of snow the next in the middle of January. Just wait 5 minutes, the weather will change. Summers can be hot, Winter cold. The other morning it was 2 below. Last year saw -24. Spring is the best and Summer evenings are great for anything outdoors.

I could easily go on but try this instead:
»www.downtownlittleton.com/
»www.littletongov.org/

Good luck in your travels and searches. And Welcome! You'll Love It!

revive

@comcast.net

@FarmerBob,
Thanks for popping back in here to post this reply,.. I really appreciate it! So far, Colorado - especially the Littleton area - has the weather and lifestyle that our family is looking for. We live in Portland, OR now,. so the changing weather is par for the course here (we say the same thing about weather hear, "wait five minutes..."). but the difference is, it's either cloudy and rainy or cloudy and cold.. and we do have a nice spring/summer season (combined) that make up 3 months of the year (yeah, exactly why we want to move!)..

Thanks again for the feedback. I'm planning on taking the family vacation in early April to come and see the area and get a first hand glance at the lifestyle, schools, etc.. really excited!

Have a great Christmas and New Years.. and thanks once again.

Mike455

@embarqhsd.net

Wish i could get better service than CL but they are the only ISP in my area so i am forced to deal with crappy service. No other ISP is wanting to extend out here so I am doomed to crappy service i guess.

FarmerBob

join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO

I had Xfinity installed yesterday and it's great!! Best move I have ever made. Install was easy, speed is 3X faster down and 6X faster up at a 1/4 of the price.

Buh Bye Qwest/CL. It's been . . .

Mike455

@embarqhsd.net

but who services that there is no other ISP providers in my area i have checked around and none other than dialup.

Mike455

@embarqhsd.net
reply to FarmerBob

comcast is not in my area only CL

bdray222

join:2004-12-21
Littleton, CO
reply to revive

I live between Ken Caryl & Columbine (great family friendly neighborhood as well btw) and I have the exact opposite situation. Just got CL today a cancelling the X. As I speak I have both today, and my Qwest/CL blows away xfinity/comcast. got a great deal on the the whole CL/DTV package for a whole year to! I just posted a review on it to under the comcast reviews. FYI though, connection Quality/Speed is completely just a matter of where you're located and how new/upgraded that area is.

This is a sub-selection from regarding the Littleton area