The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to FTBoomer

Premium Member

to FTBoomer

Re: [Internet] Best Routers for Bridged Networks

Okay I owe you guys some details with F. When I updated to F last night things went very very bad. Apparently the load didn't go well and it left the router a bit punch drunk. Subsequent reloads of the firmware did not reproduce the issue so I'll hang with that for now. In the meantime I discovered a Russian beta F firmware that seems to have addressed the minor annoyances that some have reported (but I never personally experienced). Being the crazy experimental kinda guy that I am I decided to play with this beta for a few days. I'm pleased to report that so far it's working flawlessly and appears to be "bug" free. I have been closely watching traffic across the network and there does not appear to be anything nasty built into it.

That said those of you that haven't upgraded to F should probably go ahead and do so but BEFORE you do anything save your current config and then default the router with the reset button and only then perform the upgrade.

Let me know how it goes...I'm all ears.
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten

As you know, I'm on F. Other than that BHN iPad app which at least one other person is seeing what I am, F appears to be trouble free for me.

That said, I didn't see any improvement or change going from C to F? There could have been, but if there was I've not noticed it?

What are the 'minor annoyances' you are/were seeing?