spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin

Anon

Dk tanking litchborne or no

Just curious how many DK tanks take litchborne and how many do not. (PS I wish I could have 3 specs, one for boss tanking, with lichborne, one for add and trash tanking without and one for when needed to dps since it was a one tank fight)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

fwiw, I run an alt with a tanking lichborne spec and a dw frost spec. I don't tank enough to truly appreciate the difference a non-lichborne spec would provide. Without 3 specs, maybe just allow your OT to tank the trash packs while you focus on boss fights?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
beyond a pvp aspect what does it bring to tanking, im curious?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Death Coil heals you when you're under Lichborne, as you become undead.

It's another cooldown.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
Basically it is an omg i need a fast big heal, and healz in raid are either to slow or OOM. But eltist jerks and what not say, We are tanks and surviability is our number one priority so we should not pass on this option, even if we dont use it but once a month.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
im aware of what the talent does, i just didnt think that it would be viable while tanking, 30 rp per use, i would think that would starve you for an offensive ability, but im not a dk tank so thats why i asked.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to tuladrin

to tuladrin
said by tuladrin :

Basically it is an omg i need a fast big heal, and healz in raid are either to slow or OOM. But eltist jerks and what not say, We are tanks and surviability is our number one priority so we should not pass on this option, even if we dont use it but once a month.

truth... shit happens

if your dps doesnt move and they need a rescue heal, you (as a tank) may not get the heal you need at the instant you need it. It (lichborne and a few self targeted death coils) becomes a defensive cooldown. Think a death strike that uses Runic Power, not runes. As such, you should have runic power built up before you use it.

*edit
said by cymraeg:

im aware of what the talent does, i just didnt think that it would be viable while tanking, 30 rp per use, i would think that would starve you for an offensive ability, but im not a dk tank so thats why i asked.

threat shouldn't be an issue, and thats what runic strike does, generate single target threat.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

so you have the time to use a macro for it, sort of like shield block/rallying cry?

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
yes it is usally macroed but unlike those cooldowns, you need to have the runic power and then you click the macro very fast 3 times

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
I haven't tanked on my DK but I do some PVP here and there on him in blood. Using lichborne with dc is amazing... As long as you have the runic power, it can save your ass big time. What are the other options for DKs to put points into if they didn't get this ability? I mean... is it worth it in any way not to have it specced?

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
I do not think there could be an easy winner here. Case in point, on the unsleeper boss in DS, it would be nice not to have it and take the morbity and bb talents so that when adds spawn they die a lot faster and your DPS can single target boss quicker and end encounter sooner,,,,,, but when you get the one combo where healers are healing their behinds off, lichborne would be a big boone there.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by tuladrin :

ICase in point, on the unsleeper boss in DS, it would be nice not to have it and take the morbity and bb talents so that when adds spawn they die a lot faster

could that be over-stating the impact of tank dps via one ability a scosh?

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

It's a trend on here lately.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
maybe, but I've gotten him on my huner in reg 10 man and lf 25(very easy) and in the 10 man it was very close to the enrage timer. I' ve tried tanking him in 10 man but we gave up due to enrage times. We got the slimes, the voids the adds, etc and boss got to best 3% when enraged. Any little thing that can help, helps. If there are 5sets of add slimes and they can be aoe down 5 secs sooner, that 25 sec of single target attacks can be the difference between a 3% wipe and a win

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to tuladrin

to tuladrin
tank dps could be important... look at the Alysrazor fight...

anyhoo the macro is:

#showtooltip
#show
/cast Lichborne
/target player
/cast Death Coil
/targetlasttarget

think of it as a free death pact
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
its a win for my frost dk in pvp i love it jus tnever thought of it as a tanking cd, might have to see about it in practicle use.
Carcassus
join:2011-07-08

Carcassus to tuladrin

to tuladrin
Hey,

I used that spec for a while but stopped due to threat problems, i simply did not have enough damage to hold it... that was before the threat buffs though so i assume it is more viable now.

In my macro i put in a yell so that healers knew i was using a huge self heal then created a second macro targeting me and using DC.

Was a nice heal.