kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to morbo

Re: Price will be my deciding factor

said by morbo:

said by newview:

At a price of about $4.95 a month I'd be interested. Gouging people like Netflix has opted to do will not win any friends.

If you believe $4.95 is reasonable for unlimited streaming, I don't think you are the target customer for Netflix or this future Redbox Verizon venture. You are better off stealing content and being "happy" than to expect an unlimited buffet of options for less than $5.

Apparently 800,000 other people decided Netflix's price point was too high also ... and Netflix has yet to recover.
These companies who attempt to sell services at 200-300% markup will eventually fail.

crk2h

join:2003-03-19
Tullahoma, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·LightTUBe
·Charter
Amazon's streaming is only $6.58 per month at $79.00 for 12 months of the Amazon prime plus you get free shipping on their website. They have a pretty good Selection and they keep adding to it. They don't have as much as Netflix does but they continue to add new stuff.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction

join:2002-01-22
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to newview
People jumped ship because Netflix management decided it made sense to raise prices dramatically all at once. They need to learn how the business works: raise prices more slowly, up to 5-15% each year, every year. It works and doesn't cause as big as stink as their strategy this year.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to crk2h
said by crk2h:

Amazon's streaming is only $6.58 per month at $79.00 for 12 months of the Amazon prime plus you get free shipping on their website. They have a pretty good Selection and they keep adding to it. They don't have as much as Netflix does but they continue to add new stuff.

Amazon doesn't have near the library that netflix does.
--
Oh YES! let me drop everything i'm doing regardless of who it affects to deal with your petty little problem!