Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2
reply to GH

Re: I would have been intersted in the LTE Home Service

But you'd have to be able to get an LTE signal for it to work. LTE won't be in rural areas for quite some time.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
Then what's Verizon's LTE In Rural America program for?

zoom314

join:2005-11-21
Yermo, CA
PR I expect, My DSL costs Me $22.83 a month and I'm not interested in paying more than that for LaTE and never seen in Rural Area Territory.

i1me2ao
Premium
join:2001-03-03
TEXAS
reply to thegeek
hell it wont 30 minutes outside of international city for a long time.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
reply to zoom314
Must be nice to spend $22.83 on internet service...

jgilles

join:2010-10-06
River Falls, WI
reply to thegeek
I too would have been very very very interested in LTE home service.

I actually just got an LTE signal at my home in a semi-rural area -- western WI, about 35 minutes east of St Paul, MN. Verizon recently expanded LTE coverage in the Minneapolis/St Paul area and now it reaches farther out of the metro. I agree that it will take a while for Verizon to roll out service to far-out rural areas, but they keep expanding coverage around metros and it is starting to edge out into rural areas...it won't take that long.

I have no other good options, no DSL (AT&T doesn't care and hasn't expanded their DSL footprint outside of town in ages), no cable, no WISP. Only sat or cell broadband.

So I am just waiting for them to offer service with a reasonable cap and I will sign up immediately. 5GB is way too low for a service of that speed. 10GB is also unreasonable for a primary Internet connection at home, especially at $80/month.