uniqs
share rss forum feed

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
kudos:1

3 edits

[NBA] Chris Paul to Lakers (update:nba kills deal)

on espn.com now

»espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor···rces-say

(update)and the deal is in limbo now cuz some owners are whining
(update x2: deal killed by nba)

Retired6
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth

1 edit

Re: [NBA] Chris Paul to Lakers 4 Gasol and Odom

Shit !

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to mromero
I thought the trade was voided?

mromero
Premium
The O.C.
looks like the deal hit a snag and is in limbo

mromero
Premium
The O.C.
and the deal is dead, nba nixed it.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to mromero

Re: [NBA] Chris Paul to Lakers (update:nba kills deal)

WTFFF!!!! AS a lakers FAN I'm upset. As a BASKETBALL fan this makes me AANGRRYY!!! WTF? So the NBA is now a fantasy league? Total B.S. Awesome write up today by the Sports Guy. League is going stupid places with moves like this. Linked Here: »www.grantland.com/story/_/id/733···hristmas

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to mromero
Don't agree with the commissioner intervention at all.

If two parties agree to make a strategic trade, then so be it. I didn't like how the NBA operates, and this further reinforces my hatred.

MJ retired, I stopped watching. Rose re-energizes my interest in following my Bulls. NBA bickering and squabbling continues just like in the 90's, and I have yet again lost all interest.

mromero
Premium
The O.C.
so let me get this straight david stern let's the wade-lebron-bosh deal go down, but this deal get's killed? what happens when the lakers sign howard or paul or hell, both. when they become free agents? Stern gonna say no, you cant sign with the lakers? this will not end well, and i suspect the league will let a slightly modified deal pass to avoid fall out.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
Since the Hornets is owned by the NBA (and they're trying to find a buyer) he does have *some* say, although I still disagree with his action.
Actually, it was the Cav's owner who got the ball rolling on this. (sour grapes, I guess )
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Retired6
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to mromero
said by mromero:

so let me get this straight david stern let's the wade-lebron-bosh deal go down, but this deal get's killed? what happens when the lakers sign howard or paul or hell, both. when they become free agents? Stern gonna say no, you cant sign with the lakers? this will not end well, and i suspect the league will let a slightly modified deal pass to avoid fall out.

It's not just David Stern. I was reading earlier that a bunch of other team owners are against it as well, saying that there will only be 5 competitive teams in the league, if the deal was to happen.

Dwight Howard wants to go to New Jersey and Chris Paul will seek legal action against the NBA.
--
I work hard. I play hard. I stay hard.

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
said by Retired6:

It's not just David Stern. I was reading earlier that a bunch of other team owners are against it as well, saying that there will only be 5 competitive teams in the league, if the deal was to happen.

Dwight Howard wants to go to New Jersey and Chris Paul will seek legal action against the NBA.

Which is totally subjective. How does that trade make LA better? Because they're garnering 1 all-star for a 6th man of the year and all-star PF/C? Rationale is not there, and is somewhat contradictory to what the owners are arguing. It does free up cap space I'm sure, but the Hornets are receiving a great deal here. If anything, the trade is fair. Unlike the original Pau Gasol trade to LA...

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

Since the Hornets is owned by the NBA (and they're trying to find a buyer) he does have *some* say, although I still disagree with his action.
Actually, it was the Cav's owner who got the ball rolling on this. (sour grapes, I guess )

I once felt bad for Dan Gilbert now that IDIOT needs to get out of the NBA. But he can't who the hell is gonna buy his CAVS?!

Fobulous
Premium
join:2002-08-14
Missouri City, TX
said by I AM:

said by aurgathor:

I once felt bad for Dan Gilbert now that IDIOT needs to get out of the NBA. But he can't who the hell is gonna buy his CAVS?!

Get some rich ass Oil Man from the ME..
--

Silvanos
Premium
Tonawanda, NY
reply to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

It's no Sterns league, it's the owners league and he works for them. They are looking for a buyer for the team and it's more valuable with Paul on the roster.

The email Gilbert sent was time stamped at 10pm well after Stern killed the trade...he's an ass but you can't lay the blame all on him for this.
--
Any it new they in one. You here for mine you here.
-JV

alamarco
Premium
join:2003-06-18
Windsor, ON
reply to mromero
What I don't get is the hornets were actually getting quite a few good players in return. How does the NBA expect the Hornets to find a better deal?

Even if the Hornets plan to trade the acquired players, they could use them to help speed up the process of getting back to a contender by getting young talent, picks, etc.

I just don't see how the Hornets are going to get anything close to this back and they could well end up with nothing. How will the NBA look if Paul ends up walking for nothing?

businessnba

@blackberry.net
Stern is trying to sell the team. He won't be able to sell it unless it has a superstar like CP3.

mromero
Premium
The O.C.
reply to mromero
Looks like a new deal is being resubmitted.

»espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor···ubmitted

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Silvanos
said by Silvanos:

It's no Sterns league, it's the owners league and he works for them. They are looking for a buyer for the team and it's more valuable with Paul on the roster.

Yes, and without a significant support from the owners he wouldn't have killed the deal.
--
Wacky Races 2012!

Silvanos
Premium
Tonawanda, NY
Ok?