how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ay8591

join:2011-05-16
San Francisco, CA

Few questions about sonic internet

Hey, i want to ask few questions before i order.

1. I live in Sf bayarea and where is the CO located in sf?
2. do sonic use att for landline?
3. will my 2wire 2701 HGV-B work with ADSL+2?

Thanks in Advance.

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

1.) Which one ? there are several COs in San Francisco. Try the CO finder here on dslreports.com
2.) Which Sonic Internet service ? For regular Sonic DSL the Internet service is provided over an AT&T phoneline. For Sonic Fusion both the Internet service and the Phone service are provided by Sonic. However the copper wire from the CO to your home is owned and maintained by AT&T.
3.) I can't find proper technical documentation for that modem, but according to marketing literature all 2701 models support ADSL1, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ which means that they should work with Sonic Fusion. Annex L (Reach Extended ADSL) is also mentioned but not Annex M (probably not of interest to most users).
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

ay7191

@ca.us

in dslreports cofinder i enter the zip code and i sonic on the list.
do i check at&t?

leibold
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

No, neither.

I don't think there is a way to look for COs by ISP.
While the cofinder can locate COs by ZIP code, the more reliable way to locate the correct CO is by phone number.

To see whether or not Sonic has a Fusion DSLAM inside that CO you would have to either call Sonic support or use the availability check on the Sonic website (which also uses the phone number). If the CO doesn't have a Fusion DSLAM you will still be able to get regular Sonic DSL but not Fusion.
--
Got some spare cpu cycles ? Join Team Helix or Team Starfire!

ay8591

join:2011-05-16
San Francisco, CA

oh alright thx. btw is sonic fusion internet speed is base on how far away is the CO?

CCNnorthcali

join:2004-03-07
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

It is based of distance, the quality of the lines, and the quality of your internal house wiring. This should give you a good idea about speeds:
»Re: Is ~7000 feet away from CO supposed to be about 6 Mbps?