kdwycha

join:2003-01-30
Riverview, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to Customers2nd

Re: Updates on NFL Network Discussions

said by Customers2nd :

Twc and bh can't make deal, but 7 of the 8 majors cable cables have made a deal and these customers can watch the nfl network gyrarsbho). Let's not forget Comcast customers here in Florida just a few hours away can watch, but here in Tampa we can't. Nor can we sign up for Comcast cause of more regulatory BS. Christ this isn't rocket science - give the ppl what we want. Nfl game are only 16 weeks!

Twc and Bh just the deal! I bet twc waste more money than what the nfl wants annually.

Well DirecTV and Dish Network and Verizon FiOS have NFL Network so you do have more options then just BHN in the Tampa area. I think it is ridiculous too that BHN will not budge on negotiations for NFL Network, Red Zone Channel and HBO/Max Go. I understand broadcasters are dicks but if the negotiations fail just man up and pay the price like every other company does. Sometimes I think BHN thinks they are the only game in town still and need to realize there is serious competition out there and they should provide what customers wants are or they will bleed customers to the competition. Especially if you raise rates 11% like in Feb 11 and offer the same channels as before.

ScooterJones

join:2012-02-15
Daytona Beach, FL
said by kdwycha:

said by Customers2nd :

Twc and bh can't make deal, but 7 of the 8 majors cable cables have made a deal and these customers can watch the nfl network gyrarsbho). Let's not forget Comcast customers here in Florida just a few hours away can watch, but here in Tampa we can't. Nor can we sign up for Comcast cause of more regulatory BS. Christ this isn't rocket science - give the ppl what we want. Nfl game are only 16 weeks!

Twc and Bh just the deal! I bet twc waste more money than what the nfl wants annually.

Well DirecTV and Dish Network and Verizon FiOS have NFL Network so you do have more options then just BHN in the Tampa area. I think it is ridiculous too that BHN will not budge on negotiations for NFL Network, Red Zone Channel and HBO/Max Go. I understand broadcasters are dicks but if the negotiations fail just man up and pay the price like every other company does. Sometimes I think BHN thinks they are the only game in town still and need to realize there is serious competition out there and they should provide what customers wants are or they will bleed customers to the competition. Especially if you raise rates 11% like in Feb 11 and offer the same channels as before.

If you don't like this whole BHN vs. NFL crap, then do what I did. Give your opinion by voting with your dollar. I switched to DirecTV and couldn't be happier. Along with getting way more HD channels with DirecTV, I have found two huge benefits of leaving BHN.

1. I no longer have to deal with BHN's horrible boxes that never work & that insanely ugly program guide. I have the new DirecTV Tivo HD DVR and it's AMAZING!

2. I get NFL Network & NFL Sunday Ticket. Both of which (if we are all honest we know) will never come to BHN.

Also to the people who say satellite doesn't work in a storm, that is no longer the truth. While I admit that was an issue back in the day. Since I switch 1.5yrs ago I haven't lost signal once when it was storming. I love my DirecTV service and only regret not switching sooner. So I didn't mean for this post to be soo long, but long story short.... If you don't like the BHN/NFL war then leave BHN! It's really that simple. The only people I feel bad for are the apartment dwellers whose management doesn't allow for sat dishes to be installed on their property.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151

1 edit
said by ScooterJones:

said by kdwycha:

said by Customers2nd :

If you don't like this whole BHN vs. NFL crap, then do what I did. Give your opinion by voting with your dollar. I switched to DirecTV and couldn't be happier. Along with getting way more HD channels with DirecTV, I have found two huge benefits of leaving BHN.

1. I no longer have to deal with BHN's horrible boxes that never work & that insanely ugly program guide. I have the new DirecTV Tivo HD DVR and it's AMAZING!

2. I get NFL Network & NFL Sunday Ticket. Both of which (if we are all honest we know) will never come to BHN.

Also to the people who say satellite doesn't work in a storm, that is no longer the truth. While I admit that was an issue back in the day. Since I switch 1.5yrs ago I haven't lost signal once when it was storming. I love my DirecTV service and only regret not switching sooner. So I didn't mean for this post to be soo long, but long story short.... If you don't like the BHN/NFL war then leave BHN! It's really that simple. The only people I feel bad for are the apartment dwellers whose management doesn't allow for sat dishes to be installed on their property.

The flip side to this is to stop feeding the NFL money beast and tell them what you think of charging for games that for decades were FTA. While you're at it make sure you tell the NFL what you think of being forced to pay for a channel that you don't watch or have any intentions of watching and the NFL's refusal to allow it to be tiered and subscribed to by just those who want to watch it and are willing to pay verses forced down the throats of all subscribers whether they watch it or not. And for what? 8 regular games and reruns and commentary the remainder of the year and let's not forget that already forgotten tidbit that starting with 2012 all the major games including holiday games will be FTA anyway making the NFL Network largely irrelevant.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2
reply to kdwycha
BHN does have the hbo/max go..

Also, You saying that satellite doesnt go out in a storm is crap. I worked for them for a long time. I see them all of the time and I talk to customers who have it as well. it DOES still go out, maybe yours hasnt YET but you likely havent been through a summer with it yet.

plaisance

join:2012-02-27
Sanford, FL
any word on this as this is the time of the year when the NFL and content providers open up for discussion.

This will be the last year I stay with cable if nothing gives as its unacceptable on multiple fronts to have both the NFL and BHN stall discussions on something we, paying customers, want.

I don't care about anything other than a deal getting done, now!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151

4 edits
said by plaisance:

any word on this as this is the time of the year when the NFL and content providers open up for discussion.

This will be the last year I stay with cable if nothing gives as its unacceptable on multiple fronts to have both the NFL and BHN stall discussions on something we, paying customers, want.

I don't care about anything other than a deal getting done, now!

And we want you to have it. When the NFL starts negotiating instead of dictating we'll have a framework for which all can be made happy. You should be aware there is almost no value to the NFL Network since effective 2012 (this year) virtually all of the important games will now be OTA courtesy of a deal signed late last year. In the meantime I suggest you direct some of that frustration to the NFL.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Hardy101

@rr.com
FTA?????