page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 6 · 7 · 8 · next

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger

Premium Member

[Cataclysm] 4.3 LFR/LFD Lame Ducks

Thought it was about time for a new one of these wonderful threads. Yes the new stuff is easy, but it doesn't stop the Lame Ducks from shining!

Hour of Twilight, last 5man instance going down the path to the last boss. 3 out of 5 healers do not know how to dispel and usually wipe atleast once.

End Time, interrupt boss (Tyrande maybe? Can't remember name) For some reason a lot of people still don't understand this boss. While being easy, this is still the hardest boss out of the new instances. If I run a LFD by myself and we get this boss, it's usually 1 or 2 wipes.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by Bodybagger:

End Time, interrupt boss (Tyrande maybe? Can't remember name) For some reason a lot of people still don't understand this boss. While being easy, this is still the hardest boss out of the new instances. If I run a LFD by myself and we get this boss, it's usually 1 or 2 wipes.

This is by far the biggest problem I've seen in all of the instances when I do them with randoms. Tyrande is a simple fight yet some how people fail to interrupt her one ability and then magically manage to stand in horrible shit.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

There's something to interrupt on her?! :P

The zombie daisy ring she summons has a relatively tight dps timeframe, people gotta hit the same one asap. I place my totems at the entry and tell people to target that one, then I mark it with a skull asap.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

that's Sylvanus. also a nice gear/derp check. melee derps always cross the @#$@ line.

edit: I just remembered a derp incident that had me rolling... we had a fury warrior die twice in that fight. The first time, he did a heroic leap to the add... and died... I brez... next round he charges the add (uhm... the add is moving toward you... so just the slightest hiccup in lag, you'll be behind the target every time)... died. It was funny... except his death meant that I had to double detonate shrooms every time to kill the add in time... quite the pucker-factor.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by Immer:

that's Sylvanus. also a nice gear/derp check. melee derps always cross the @#$@ line.

That they do. I always have trouble with that one on my Hunter because since the Survival Buff that is what I've been playing as. It really really sucks when you don't get a Lock 'n Load proc during that phase, or you tunnel and get pulled in with low focus.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

On my druid, I always pre-position 3 mushrooms in a line starting where I know the focused add will spawn. Could prolly do that with explosion trap. My shaman guildie also likes to set his totems there. Helps reduce derpage... slightly.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Aye. If I was a good Hunter I'd probably do shit like that, but alas I'm not.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
last night we did End Time, and got Baine first. We kill the first trash pack (someone aggroed it while my loading screen was up...) and bypassed the rest. I asked "does everyone know this fight?" no response.

Mage is on my platform (I always like standing on the platform to the right), shaman buddy is on the left, melee is on baine. Totem hits me twice... mage never throws the totem back at Baine, so I have to run back up to where I was standing to throw the totem. (incidentally, if you time that right... you can prevent Baine's jump from actually destroying the platform... the stun glitches the mechanic and you can keep pew-pewing). We down the boss quickly and run to the portal.

Mage: well, since healer doesn't even know how to buff, I'm out.
soandso just left your party

funny thing is, we didn't have intellect buff, and no one got a Focus Magic either (not the critting druid nor the critting ele sham). We lol'd.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Last night I pugged into the 2nd dungeon (where you sneak around). The tank idles there for a few minutes then starts moving. Next thing I know the tank left party and the felguard is beating on us. I dropped my earth elemental and blood lusted, we downed the mob. Another tank came in and we finished the place no problem.

Why do people do that... So desperate to have any sort of impact on others?

CpnObvious
join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

On my druid, I always pre-position 3 mushrooms in a line starting where I know the focused add will spawn. Could prolly do that with explosion trap. My shaman guildie also likes to set his totems there. Helps reduce derpage... slightly.

I always just throw a world marker down at the spawn point (just next to the watercourse) prior to the pull. Doesn't stop melee from eating the beam because they're not keeping in front of it, but at least everybody goes to the right ghoul.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Immer

to Immer
Yeah Immer, aren't you gladd mages area adime a dozen? LOL
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
LFR lamest duck:

I got into 3/4 Fall of Deathwing run.

Somehow we managed to one shot it, my resto shaman along 2 priest were rocking the healing meters, another resto shaman was just derping only casting healing rain, no other spell at all.

As result he came dead last on meters, was almost beaten by a shadow priest, that how bad he was.

Rolls come on loot, 4 healing weapons drop, the crappy shamans wins TWO!, then he leaves raid w/o giving one out..

Double douche in the house..

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
In my experience, I had a run on... well the one where you sneak around. We get to the last boss and the pally tank does not pick up the adds. He keeps DPSing the boss and only passibly picks up a portion of them. The rest come over and hang out with me. So I OOM trying to keep myself alive.

We wipe and the lock says "So this is why I should run with my guild to do these easy dungeons." then he leaves. His name is Terellowens (or something close to that spelling) from Nordrassil BTW. We get another DPS in. I ask tank to focus on add control more than DPS and we are successful.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Had similar issues with the one that you can avoid several pats of adds and focus on the boss, sadly that one makes you run out of the ice stuff she does, pats aggro easily there, I always ask to clear the pats near the boss.. some douche tanks don't want to "waste time" on those adds and decide to pull the boss as is.. always causing a wipe due to adds.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
Joined LFR on Ultraxion...... lost to the soft enrage (about 15 seconds from hard enrage) at 10% twice in a row because the bottom 6 DPS were all under 10k.

Leaves party.......

The0_o
join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
On Spine.

Derp 1 starts the encounter before we can explain it. We ended up with 4 Hideous Amalgamation up, Wipe, people rage quit

Next attempt.

we explain the tactics (like 8 times), Herp starts DPS'ing the wrong tentacle (NOT the only marked one). Tank-d-derp grabs the add, not by taunting/DG/ranged move but by running over to it to hit it. Hideous Amalgamation #1 blows up right in the middle of us

Third attempt

Herp again starts DPS'ing the wrong Tentacle. We get him on the right one until we get 2 plates off then he goes back to it. 2 Hideous Amalgamation kills a tank and we barely get the last tendon down (Due to fail DPS and Deaths)

CpnObvious
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious

One thing that is just amazing me in the new content is the HUGE DISPARITY in ability you see in the player base.

I've run into guys doing 5k dps with the LotD buff, and I've had dps'ers pull nearly 40k on non-gimmick 5-man boss fights.

Blizzard has unrelentingly tried to dumb down specs so that you don't have those kind of disparities, yet boy, are they ever there.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

The most jacked up specs/gear reforged/ and gem choices I have seen are on locks. It amazes me how so many people can butcher a lock spec as bad as they do.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

I sometimes really have to remind myself how badly (or even worse) I would play if I didn't research my class/spec/gem/etc. How would I know haste > crit as an elemental shaman? Crit makes numbers big!

People who read this forum care enough to research, post questions, etc. I think most of the player base just play.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Treebark

Premium Member

to Treebark
DKs top for me. I see so many 41-pointers it scares me.

That being, locks and spriests are the laziest ones. "Hey 2 mobs? Mind Sear/Rain of Fire!" Every single pull. They do damage on bosses so I know they know what they're doing. But "AFK eatin a sammich" does not make the dungeon go any faster.

Both scenarios occurred last night (the DK was in a Cata heroic, at least) but in both case an enh shaman was ripping up the meters because Fire Nova spreads Flame Shock is ridic.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

I love the afflition locks who play with their imp and uses reign of fire instead of seeding on big trash packs. And they have soul fire and immolate talents.
Altaholic
join:2010-12-03
Clinton Township, MI

Altaholic to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
Hunters usually get my feathers ruffled with misdirect pulls so you cant kick them out of the dungeon for rolling need on everything.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Misdirect fades soon
As the tank leaves the party
Hunter gets his due

/zen

mmmhmmm
@sbcglobal.net

mmmhmmm to navymaverick

Anon

to navymaverick
lol i know who terellowens is, crazy that someone from my server made the pages

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
well, I had to VTK a warrior tank last night. Mind you, I love a well-played warrior tank... high mobility, excellent grouping abilities, great CDs. That doesn't mean you should create chaos out of every pull.

End Time. first boss is Jaina. I'm healing on my priest as atonement/disc. The trash packs have priest, mage, hunter, 2xmelee (all undead). I'm the only available CC. The tank marks a skull on the priest... charges in, then heroic leaps to the mage... then runs to the hunter, then runs back to the priest... then constantly has to run to the mage that blinks away. Meanwhile, he can't maintain threat on the priest... who isn't dying, btw (because any dps that focuses the priest pulls threat)... now, remember the 2 melee? yeah... hacking and slicing through the warriors backplate. We actually wipe to that crap!! Finally get through that... baine fight we wipe once because no one was stunning baine, I had to change platforms twice, and the tank allowed baine to stand in the lava for too long. Naturally he blames me for not healing him.

Murozond trash. We have a feral druid. Tank even says, "druid can sleep one, he's in the same room as me". Okay... only the druid isn't sleeping the add. a dps body pulls and dies instantly (the first arcane barrages and charges put out a lot of dmg that only a tank can really take). go back in, I mark a sleep target, tell the tank to charge the other caster and let the melee run in to him for a clean pull. Nope... he announces that he is going to charge one caster, then leap to the other target. I try to object, nope. he charges in... leaps over to the other (taking a few melee hits to the back from the add he leaped over, then turns and runs back to the other caster... he didn't silence either one... so as he runs passed the melee add he had just jumped over (hence, still on his back) the 2 arcane barrages hit him at the same time... squish. (don't warriors still have spell reflect?). Dude nerd-rages, tells me I need to learn how to play the game, that under-geared healers keep him up through here all the time... meanwhile... I calmly open up VTK and type in "stubborn" in the reason field. Passes immediately. His druid buddy drops a few moments later.

/sigh. no drops for me on this run... and it took 45 minutes.

navymaverick
Papillion, NE

navymaverick to mmmhmmm

to mmmhmmm
said by mmmhmmm :

lol i know who terellowens is, crazy that someone from my server made the pages

Your toon?

My main is Darkthunder
Darkpresence
Darktemptres

Bodybagger
Premium Member
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Bodybagger to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
OUch Immer... yeah we do still have spell reflect but it's on a 25 sec cd and 20 sec I think being glyphed. (waste imo) But still he could have used heroic throw to silence (if specced) and pummel the other if need be to group them up.

We ran a few heroics over the weekend and I've seen so many people die in Hour of Twilight due to a failed cleanse. I just don't understand why most healers would rather just heal through a dot and burn mana instead of use a GCD to cleanse it, or worse yet, let the person die.

We didn't run a LFR this weekend. Spent the majority of the time getting a few guildies bumped up in ilvl. I'm sure I'll have some stories when we do run it...

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

said by Bodybagger:

Hour of Twilight

It took a few runs before people learned to press the button in my pug :P Eventually someone was spamming "PRESS THE BUTTON" when the boss is casting...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
said by Bodybagger:

I just don't understand why most healers would rather just heal through a dot and burn mana instead of use a GCD to cleanse it, or worse yet, let the person die.

They probably start ignoring dispellable debuffs (or the "ding" from decursive) from the overkill of /meh dispells on the first boss. I mean, yeah, dispelling lets people move, but stronger healers can just heal through that. The stuff that comes in that gauntlet is another issue entirely... and it only happens one at a time... lazy healers are lazy. I also /chuckle at ranged dps who can't friggin avoid getting icetrapped. Seriously folks... I'm staring at healthbars the whole time, and i notice the icetrap flying in my direction, land at my feet, even materialize... and i have time to sidestep it before it becomes active... /shrug.

CpnObvious
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious

He's probably talking about holy/twilight shear on Benedictus. It ticks every second for 30 seconds for 16k+; if somebody's healing through that they're both a throughput champ and stupid.