Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger

Re: [Cataclysm] 4.3 LFR/LFD Lame Ducks

Dear aspiring tanks...

don't use resilience gear to get into heroics as a tank. use that gear to get in as dps... you can still pull decent dps in resil gear. You cannot do so as a tank.

If you are a delicate snowflake who insists on tanking in resil gear... I know when your defensive CDs are finished... because you get pounded into the dirt. It should not require 12k of dedicated HPS to keep the tank up in a cata heroic dungeon. You can't wrath baby this crap... because you don't have the avoidance needed, and you require so much healing so early that even vengeance can't get you enough threat to save the healer. Cata dungeons are gimmicky... if you want to pull that crappy "old dungeons are lol", go do normals and pat yourself on the back for your JP.

last night, we had a resil prot warrior and a resil dk... both horrible... both clearly kids. Neither would listen (so they were probably teens).

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

1 recommendation

drew

Premium Member

I'll tack on to this...

Dear tanks, please don't queue for LFR without having any idea of the mechanics of a fight. You don't even have to leave the game to see this stuff anymore... shift+j people!

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

said by drew:

I'll tack on to this...

Dear tanks, please don't queue for LFR without having any idea of the mechanics of a fight. You don't even have to leave the game to see this stuff anymore... shift+j people!

Knowing the tank mechanics of fights in LFR:

Don't stand in stuff on the ground
If you see a random debuff on either you or your other tank then tell the other tank to taunt off you or you taunt of the other tank.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Oh, I just figured out where one of those two tanks came from last night...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Knowing the tank mechanics of fights in LFR:

Don't stand in stuff on the ground
If you see a random debuff on either you or your other tank then tell the other tank to taunt off you or you taunt of the other tank.

such oversimplification only adds to the pain in LFR. the only thing "less" in LFR is the number of "gotcha" mechanics (usually one less) and orders of magnitude. No self-respecting tank should settle for "I'll just wing it because I have DBM".

edit: lol, drew

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

I wing it on my hunter, I love being able there to stand there and pew pew. On my druid, I usually go in as heals and hate life healing people, if I didnt heal them, we would whipe, and I just wanna kill the bosses.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Treebark:

I wing it on my hunter

no problem with this at all... except for spine. I only thought about it because I always seem to get the group with that hunter/lock who continues killing unneeded tentacles, or refuses to manage pets. /sigh. Otherwise... LFR dps is easy to "wing". just follow the crowd... I mean, 1/17 should know where to go, right?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Treebark

to Treebark
said by Treebark:

On my druid, I usually go in as heals and hate life healing people, if I didnt heal them, we would whipe, and I just wanna kill the bosses.

Why are you talking that whay

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Treebark

Premium Member

to Treebark
said by Treebark:

On my druid, I usually go in as heals and hate life healing people, if I didnt heal them, we would whipe, and I just wanna kill the bosses.

Hey, these people are fantastic for knowing who to cast rejuv on. After the first boss, you know exactly who to target for your heals and can pad the meters.

Also, on our Ultraxion failure last night, I didn't even bother putting LB on a separate tank from Immer... That guy never took aggro so why bother? :P

The first week I did LFR (3 weeks ago) on my druid, I got some nasty tells for being in T12 gear with a piece of heroic. "You need to get gear newb" "I hope I don't have to carry you" etc.

Top healer the entire LFR with the lowest overheal. Suck on that.

I will say LFR is amazing though. It's IDENTICAL to raiding in WotLK. My entire job as a healer is to carry people.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by drew:

I will say LFR is amazing though. It's IDENTICAL to raiding in WotLK. My entire job as a healer is to carry people.

truth

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

1 recommendation

Treebark to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
I meant, people who are being stupid, I dont mind healing, I just hate healing stupid, but you have to to get the job done.
Treebark

Treebark

Premium Member

Pretty lame, My hunter who is 381IL out dps'ed my boomkin who is 389 IL in LFR this weekend on Zonozz by 3k. The other fights my hunter was right there with my druids DPS. SV is pretty nice right now.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

Because boomkins are last or next to last on DPS charts..

Yes, even with the 4 Piece bonus..

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

That is pretty sad then, I was beating people in a pug 10 regular last night on spine and madness and I don't have a 2 piece on boomkin. I must've been rolling with some baddies.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
said by djlar:

Because boomkins are last or next to last on DPS charts..

Yes, even with the 4 Piece bonus..

in what performance band? I'd wager that this would be the case in the top 5% of player base, pushing heroics. If so, then its really a case of boomies not scaling quite as well as the rest of the classes. Most of us will not notice such performance deficits in our LFR/NormalDS.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Boomys are fine, their 4 piece just got a nice boost too.
djlar

djlar to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
Add DPS for boomkins still high, on Ultraxion type fight however they suck, which is a bit odd since you always getting damaged and proc'ing the damage buff, 27K is the best I could manage, at i388, I still could use cunning of the cruel trinket to better up a bit.. which dropped last night, the 9K warlock won it..

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

What? How on earth are you only doing 27k as a boomkin at that gear level?
djlar

djlar

Well I do 32K+ on other classes.. 5K is a lot still

Or is it too low?

I wish my boomer was i397 but can't get into DS raids because I'm a boomkin.. nobody wants one.. LOL

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to drew

Premium Member

to drew
Rofl, I was going to say, I was almost doing that in my make shift/offspec/whatever gear with the wrong meta in and not knowing how to really play.
djlar

djlar

So your are doing a boomkin with agility gear? weird..

Are you hitting heroic will or taking the damage?

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

No, it's all leather int gear / jp vendor / random tier gear. (I think my boomkin gear has 2pc resto bonus, lmao). I follow all mechanics in LFR as if I was doing it in regular/heroic mode.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Treebark

to Treebark
I just left my PvP guild and got an insta invite to a PvE guild...one of the literally hundreds on my server working on heroic content.

They expect me to heal heroic Morchok Friday night...I hardly have any +spirit gear, and haven't played Discipline in a raid setting since 15% ICC buff...the GM and raid leader is aware of this and isn't concerned at all.

At least I get to DPS the rest of the fights...and there will be a full clear in 3 hours Friday evening. Which is another plus over the sporatic scheduling my last PvP guild maintained.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9

Premium Member

Likely they'll use 8 healers for the fight, you won't have much to worry about. Get ready for your PWB and toss out some shields. Don't let that soaker die.

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

Treebark to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Damn, nice dude. The PVE itch always wins. Goodluck on healing something with no gear and probably a few years since youve done it.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to JB9

to JB9
It's a 10m group...I'll have to icy-veins the strat since I haven't healed in so long.

Shit hasn't changed that much, like you said...PW:B and shields, easy day.

The0_o
join:2011-06-15
Silver Spring, MD

The0_o to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
After what i just went though, i need to vent.

Before :

So i retired my DK from active service, He is enjoying a life of running Molten core until i get the last few items i need to finish thunderfury and Sul.

Now i am one achievement away from the 25 man ulduar meta (Disarmed), and 30 achievement points away from OVER 9000!!!, so if i see one forming, i'll join in.

Low and behold a guild member is asking for people to start up a ULD10 achievement run. I join...... and Pay for it.

During:

FL-
Raid leader summons us in with 1 tank, 1 healer and 5 dps. no complains since its old content. We activate FL defences and roll out....

To notice that people have no idea what they are doing...

we have 2 demos and a siege, And 1 dude AFK at the start point. we explain the boss tactics in BOTH text and VENT. As we are gunning down pyrites the HEALER in the siege pulls. gunners have no idea on how to replenishes pyrite, we wipe.

Attempt #2
We rez, and reorganize. we get the warrior back and into my gunners sit (ARGH!!!). We again explain what to do, Drop some pyrites and pull. My gunner goes afk and the other Demos gunner is derping out. we wipe with FL at 10k.

Attempt #3
I switch my gunner with the driver of the other demo, stated that if 1 group knows WTF to do, we will clear this. We again explain what to do, Drop some pyrites and pull. other demo dies in less than 60 seconds (how the hell that happened i will never know).
Siege and our demo team Clears it.

Iron Council-
Attempt #1

We form up and explain the tactics. i switch to blood and we pull and wipe. not because of the boss but because i told the group to kill the wrong boss, kinda forgot to add "Dont". We get it right during the next attempt.

Arm Dude- Korlan,af,wqw, whatever
Attempt #1

So buffs, tactics, pull. we where going to stop DPS at 70k on the arms and the boss with no dots and no cleaves. then blow them up. easy right?

Nope we wipe after the warrior brostorms his arm to death, the healer gets lazor-ed and the tank falls of the platform.

Attempt #2
so we had all the DPS except one do nothing. we figured 1 dps will be easier to control. we pull and wipe

Why?

Healer went to get something to drink right after we pulled, the dps that was on dps duty got snatched and the everyone else stacked on the tank and got Shooped-da-whooped by the lazors.

/goodnight
/LOG

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

...one of the literally hundreds on my server working on heroic content.

/cry
said by The0_o:

After what i just went though, i need to vent.

dude... that's rough...
djlar

djlar to The0_o

to The0_o
This is LFR/LFD lame ducks.. maybe a guild lame ducks should be created.

If this so we couldn't attempt heroic Hagara, we had to pull some recruits to fill the 25 slots and do it all normal..

Lame recruits die to ice walls, be downed her anyway. They also die to faiding/hour of twilight, they died by standing in bad stuff on gunship, they fell off the spine and didn't switch to adds on Madness.. even if explained before and yelled on vent what to do they still failed badly..

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member

JB9 to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
My wrists.... have been cut.