Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar

Re: [Cataclysm] 4.3 LFR/LFD Lame Ducks

said by djlar:

even if explained before and yelled on vent what to do they still failed badly..

people failing on mechanics can't process mid-fight what's going wrong most of the time. It also probably set up a hellacious stage-fright scenario for recruits to be brought in on H hagara.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
No, we didn't even attempt H Hagara with the noobs.. we at least expected that they wouldn't die to ice walls, but they did....

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

1 edit

McBrain

I have a question about LFR. Howcome DPS numbers are so damn inflated?

Last night I did nearly 72k on Madness. In my 10m kill last week I did 42k. I realize the glaring difference is buffs, as I had DI in LFR and no Warlock in my 10 group. Granted, I've gotten a new piece of gear since then, but my ilvl is roughly the same (gained 1 from 390 to 391)..but buffs and 1 piece of gear shouldn't account for 30k DPS, should they?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

could it be that there is so much less to worry about in LFR that your up-time was significantly higher?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I hate when I type a reply only to click the button and have it disappear.

I guess when you add up all the variables, a large DPS decrease is to be expected, 30k is just a really big number.

I posted a screen shot of recount along with my character sheet in the trinket thread I started yesterday, if anyone is interested.
djlar

djlar

I do 47K on my hunter on Madness 10 man, over 60K on LFR 25, yeah tons of buffs more, and don't even have to move from my spot... I also think on LFR the spell-weave procs more than on normal.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Yeah, on my SS spellweave was like 5th or so on my damage done list, maybe even higher, one above Mind Blast I think.

I usually position myself just to the left of the first tentacle, start my normal rotation on the one on my platform, gather some procs, then SW:P, VT the tentacle on the platform behind me, then switch rotation to the Corruption thingy--keeping SW:P and VT on both tentacles the entire time, Mind Spike spam the Bolt when it comes down, and Mind Sear the tank/a melee for Hemorrhage. When I can keep DoTs on 2 tentacles and the Corruption my damage is insane. On the final platform I put main rotation on DW and SW:P/VT all the adds I can.

Having a quasi-Bloodlust for 65% of the fight helps my DPS a lot, 90% haste ain't no fuckin joke.
djlar

djlar

Try 125% haste on my hunter LOL... I have 1.5s cobra shots, pwnsome..
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
I think the worst LFD lame duck story I have is from last week. I get into some random HOT dungeon on my DK tanking. We get the echo of Jaina, and the rest of the group is taking forever to zone in, so I start collecting shards. I'm on the far side of the map, when they zone in - I've collected 12 shards. They promptly run straight into a patrol, then start yelling WTF tank, where are you? What are you doing? All I could do was *facedesk* as they wiped...then began to bitch, whine, and point fingers at me like 12 year olds. Umm...I'm collecting crystals?
djlar

djlar

The best thing there is kill the pats, there's always someone that pulls a pat while fighting the boss, so you wanted to save time and ended up losing more than it would take to clear it.. almost same deal on the lava part, kill at least one of the dragon pats or wipe..
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Oh, I agree, DJ! I always kill the two pats, left and right. In this case, I was tired of waiting for people to zone, so I just began picking up shards. If I zone into an instance, and the tank is not moving, or somewhere far away, I just don't run smack dab into a pat. lol

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

f I zone into an instance, and the tank is not moving, or somewhere far away, I just don't run smack dab into a pat. lol

if only more people were situationally aware... or had the integrity be held accountable for their mistakes.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

that would be nice. I always own up in a dungeon if I'm the one who f'ed up (and it happens sometimes, of course). Same in a raid. There is a lot of really poisonous assholes in LFD and LFR, though. You would think you murdered their mother and pissed on her grave by the way they respond to people making mistakes.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
the baine part just rush in after you kill baine port out then back in, saves time.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
The other night, a couple of us decided to run an LFRp1. We got brought into the raid mid-trash pull just before Morchok and the tank pulled the boss just as the last trash died... (so it's gonna be one of those runs). We move to Zon'ozz and some asshat yells "leeeeeeroy jenkins" and pulls Zon'ozz while we are still killing the last couple of adds and drops group... tank peels off, I (priest heals) go with tank... raid finishes off trash... we managed a save. Then the /rsay trolling began. Really horrible stuff. We weren't out of combat long enought to get VTKs off...(seriously, you should be able to collect your 3 votes during combat...). The biggest perpetrator is this rogue who keeps slamming everyone for low dps (he was only at 30k) but when he got called out he claimed it was white dmg... he's super leet, this is only LFR... blah, blah, blah.

I did what I could in /rsay to keep the raid going (i just wanted it over with). But on hagara... I wanted blood. First icephase I lifegripped him through the ice wall... he didn't die... only dropped to about 10%... that bugger "cheated death"...grr. Next Ice phase... he ran to the complete opposite side of the platform from me. I suppose I had made my point. At the end of the icephase, I lifegripped him to the edge so he'd miss out on meter humping so the other rogue could claim the win.

it's the little things in life...
djlar

djlar

We also got a douche that pulled Zon'ozz with one set of adds alive, we also pulled a save (that was last week)..

on my Priest one moron pulled Yor'sahj with ALL the adds alive, not funny there, he did it 3 times before he left raid, first 2 times we didn't know who it was until the third time he /yelled he was the one doing it.. we reported him, we got chat evidence he was doing it, I hope he got at least 3 day ban..

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
We are slowly corrupting you.

/mr burns excellent

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by drew:

We are slowly corrupting you.

/mr burns excellent

call me... the troll hunter

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
I suppose I should call my guildie out on this as a lame duck, but ...

He hit 85 on his druid yesterday. Within 1 minute, with every 397 slot you can buy covered (wrists, belt, boots, pants), and a bunch of PVP gear, he was 372 and tanked the first half of LFR. He now has an LFR ring and tier shoulders.

He's not an idiot player, so I'm sure he didn't muck the raid, but I hope no one inspected him.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

If he tanked it without too much hassle, then more power to him

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by puppy:

If he tanked it without too much hassle, then more power to him

agreed. Most of the LFRs I run have overpowered healers. All he'd need is for a pally/shaman/priest to focus on him and he's golden. Provided he knew what to do as a tank. It also greatly depends on the mentality of the other tank. I'm also finding that one tank generally tries to tank the whole instance... only yelling at the OT to taunt long enough to drop his stacks (and sometimes not even then).

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

I've done this twice now...not to the extreme that he did, within a minute with all the 397 pieces. But within a couple of hours with a hodge-podge of crap gear meshed together with just high enough ilvl to get in.

I never get any complaints...and frankly, it's the entire purpose of LFR. Kinda stupid to get geared so you can get geared.

If you meet the ilvl requirement more power to you.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

To note, I do think it is entirely dumb that PVP gear has higher ilvl just to account for the resilience, so the Pandaria changes to that circumstance are a Good Thing(tm) in my opinion.

That being said, I LFR as ret on my pally sometimes, who has a 362 ilvl in ret gear with 316 shoulders and a 359 weapon (prot set is much better). I'm usually around 8-10 in the DPS rankings.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

Arthritis to Nick D

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

I suppose I should call my guildie out on this as a lame duck, but ...

He hit 85 on his druid yesterday. Within 1 minute, with every 397 slot you can buy covered (wrists, belt, boots, pants), and a bunch of PVP gear, he was 372 and tanked the first half of LFR. He now has an LFR ring and tier shoulders.

He's not an idiot player, so I'm sure he didn't muck the raid, but I hope no one inspected him.

At least he had class specific gear, which helps.

I healed a druid tank through a new heroic in all 320 & 330 gear on my Pally (383 ilevel), he had a complete set of PvP in his bags (healing gear). And worse, he couldn't hold aggro to save his life.

I've never worked so hard in a instance since BC.

After the first bit of trash which seemed to hit him for 40% a shot, I mentioned to him in whisper that he's not geared for this stuff and trash is literally killing him.

Mr. Wonderful then announces to the group that he's tanked this multiple times on his toon, and any deaths are my fault.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Nick D

to Nick D
I finally got in LFR last night with my Rogue. 372 ilvl and I was top five in most fights...except Madness, I don't have a clue how to improve my numbers there either.
djlar

djlar

said by McBrain:

I finally got in LFR last night with my Rogue. 372 ilvl and I was top five in most fights...except Madness, I don't have a clue how to improve my numbers there either.

Like most padders, use your cooldowns when he's casting cataclysm... or never switch to corruptions/bolt...

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

The other combat rogue was doing 50k...I didn't pay attn to where he was or whatever...and I'm sure he was ~390 ilvl too.

I noticed he was using LFR No'Kaled in his MH and Vengeance in OH...from what I hear this is BiS at that ilvl...care to explain that one to me, dj? I'm a little confused about it.
djlar

djlar

Basically the axe does more high end damage overall, the 100 agility buff and 45% SS buffs aren't enough..

Plust the elements proc is about 3-5% of damage done, until you have your medium daggers you consider switching (250 agi and higher damage and stats make up for it).

Can't wait to try out my new legendary babies (was destroying people in BGs LOL)
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
I have a new "lame duck" report - after dinging my warrior, I bought some VP gear and went to work on normal heroics. I always dread that 3-4 hours I have to spend there. It's like the toilet bowl of WoW. I was in SFK with my brother healing on his shaman - and when we got to Springvale, after noticing how abymsal the dps was I said in party chat "let's skip this". No one said a word, so my brother and I moved on with one of the dps, and began clearing trash. Two seconds later, the boss hit us from behind. We wiped...and then the rogue says...."ok, NOW let's go back and do that boss." We were like WTF...you couldn't have ASKED to do the boss? Just the tip of the iceberg...LFD seems so full of derps, assholes, and just straight up fail. People doing 2k dps...never cease to amaze me.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

As many here know i leveled my Shaman to 85. I did this in an attempt to see the game from the healers perspective. I have many stories, but 1 comes to mind especially. I was in WoE on the second boss. I have recount on healing done now instead of Dammage Done to monitor how i heal. I wish you could split screen Recount to monitor multiple things though. Group was doing marginal DPS. Before the pull tank says, make sure you interupt, and break hand loose. We make the pull. We have Paly-tank, Shaman(me)-heals, DW Frost DK, Surv Hunt, Rogue. We wipe due to no interupt and we all have hand. Next pull he says Rogue, DK, and Huntard get interupt. OK was stated by all three. Second pull she has 17% health and wipe same way. Tank hollers wtf, why wasnt she interupted. Rogue and Hunter give excuses. DK says, and i quote, What is an Interupt???

I drop group, close laptop, and light up a cigarette.