Premium Member

to cigtyme

Re: [Cataclysm] 4.3 LFR/LFD Lame Ducks

Skada allows multiple windows at once, and imo is more accurate than recount is
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to cigtyme

to cigtyme
I don't know why I'm recently encountering bunches of 85's doing normal 80-85 dungeons, I guess it's easier quicker JPs?

I'm leveling my warrior, now at 84, and every dungeon I made that I remember had an 85 on it.. it didn't seem like a carry, they weren't from same realm.

(personally I like to do VP for the .00001% chance of mount on regular)

CpnObvious
join:2010-05-05
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious to cigtyme

to cigtyme
Cig- as the guy with wind shear, just assume in any WoE that you're the interrupt. Removes the problem entirely.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

I know i stated i could do it, but tank said you heal. I did get a couple, but a few times i was pre occupied.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Bodybagger

to Bodybagger
man cig, the dps had to be really awful. I heal that on my shaman, and I just tell everyone up front I have the interrupt. I use mouseover macros/grid to heal, so I leave the boss targeted, and just hit my hotkeyed shear when DBM warns me. Anyways, I've never gotten it more than twice.

CpnObvious
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious to cigtyme

to cigtyme
Heh, that's a poor decision by the tank- never say who *shouldn't* do something without identifying exactly who *should*.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
I've been running into this same thing. LFR geared toons doing normal 85 dungeons. They definitely make the runs go faster, and they make up for the following two atrocities I saw last night:

1. Destro Warlock with a Voidwalker out. It had Torment turned on. When I asked if he could turn it off (not even commenting on the atrocious not-damage he was doing), all I got as a response was "no".

2. Arcane mage who cast the following spells across a full clear of HoO:
-Arcane Barrage
-Arcane Missiles
-Ice Lance
-Fire Blast
-Ring of Frost (on bosses)

My theory is that he thinks cast bars are the devil.

Oh well, at least the DK is 85 now. I spec'd him Frost last night (with Blood being the other spec). So ... is Frost DK DPS really just 4 buttons? FS, Oblit, HB, and keep up Blood Plague somehow?

Ramikor
@ultzindustries.com

Ramikor to cigtyme

Anon

to cigtyme
Hey Cig,

I'm pretty tolerant, but that particular fight makes me want to join Drew in punching nuts. It's never a problem when I'm dpsing, because I just kill the hand and get the interrupts myself. However, when I'm tanking, particularly if I join the dungeon at that point, before the pull I always say "remember, everyone needs to switch to the hand" and ask "who has interrupts?" I don't start the fight until someone takes responsibility for the interrupt. Even then, a good quarter of the time we'll wipe because the dps won't do those two simple things. I'll then explain, in detail, that the hand is a mind control and that you know who is being controlled because they have a big hand over them, and if they don't want to wipe again, everyone needs to kill the hand, and the Queen has to be interrupted when she starts her cast otherwise it is an automatic wipe, and please let's not wipe again, any questions? Even then, I've had too many times where on the SECOND try, I've had to kill the hand myself while trying to tank the adds, only to suffer another wipe when nobody gets the interrupt. I never give them a third try.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

On that fight if you have an interupt you should just know to use it

for me I always just set the Boss as focus and have my CS focus macro waiting, then I just hit it when I see the bar.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to Nick D

Premium Member

to Nick D
you know what, I actually hate over gearing norm dungeons
everything is dead before you'd done hardly anything.

Once I did a norm cata dungeon and couldn't hardly get 2 casts off before the trash was dead, so I can understand some mages just using short cast or instant when way out gearing a dungeon.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

With appropriately geared characters, bosses take a minute or more to die and trash isn't that slow. That wasn't him being lazy. That was him being completely ignorant.

There was also a language barrier, and I don't know how to say "use arcane blast" in Spanish.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well last time I did a reg dungeon it ended up being BRC
(ok might have been H:BRC)

the trash died in about 3sec (as fire, about 1 cast, 2nd cast would be interupted with the death of the target)
the bosses died in about 30sec

not really any time to get the dots going and work on maintaining them

so I normally only do the current top level dungeons just because the reg and lesser heroics have been nerfed and out geared to all crap.

ya if your at the right gear level for the dungeon it can be fun but when you out gear it not so much, part of why I stopped for half a year, at that point dungeons just aren't interesting and I don't feel like dedicating time to raiding anymore (gym wins over wow)
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Nick D

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

With appropriately geared characters, bosses take a minute or more to die and trash isn't that slow. That wasn't him being lazy. That was him being completely ignorant.

There was also a language barrier, and I don't know how to say "use arcane blast" in Spanish.

Just link the ablity.. if you can.. LOL

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Yeah, I got a link off WoWhead eventually.

He didn't figure it out. Got a bunch of emoticons.

CpnObvious
Alexandria, VA

CpnObvious

The number of mages I see using ring of frost on bosses staggers me. Is there some secret utility to this I don't know about, or is common sense just that uncommon?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Usually its around the time people just hit 85 and they're like "my last ability! it must be awesome!"

But I think this guy just liked pretty colors.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Bodybagger

Premium Member

to Bodybagger
Not really a lame duck story... but I didn't want to start a new thread.

The other night I was doing dungeons on my wife's baby holydin. Dungeon pops, and I notice the tanks name was "Blackbettie". Normally I'm the person that says, "heya" or "hello"... this time all I said was "bambalam". We had a lot of fun on that run...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 4sleOW6I