Search similar:

uniqs
deadzoned
Premium Member
join:2005-04-13
Cypress, TX

deadzoned

Premium Member

Would have been nice if at&t would have just spent all that money on their network to make it less crappy.

I mean c'mon! LTE? Really? at&t still has a terrible 3G network to deal with first! Their plan to charge us 200 dollars a pop for the privilege of using our broadband connection to take strain off of their crappy-ass network seems to be failing.
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch

You'd think they ought to do that, but...

...they don't really have to work as hard on their network if they can eliminate a competitor.

And there's another bonus here. As the only national GSM network left standing, they'd get all the roaming revenue from overseas travelers coming here. And, although VZW has hybrid CDMA/GSM phones, not all are, so, if you want to be able to have most any phone work internationally, your only national carrier would be AT&T.

carpetshark3
Premium Member
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO

carpetshark3 to deadzoned

Premium Member

to deadzoned
How can they charge to use your own wifi?

I've got unlocked phones I can use on wifi with NO network and no SIM.
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned) to ISurfTooMuch

to ISurfTooMuch
said by ISurfTooMuch:

You'd think they ought to do that, but...

...they don't really have to work as hard on their network if they can eliminate a competitor.

And there's another bonus here. As the only national GSM network left standing, they'd get all the roaming revenue from overseas travelers coming here. And, although VZW has hybrid CDMA/GSM phones, not all are, so, if you want to be able to have most any phone work internationally, your only national carrier would be AT&T.

I agree, but LTE is changing that. And most international travelers won't have whatever VZW dumbphones/low-end smartphones that don't have world capability. The iPhone 4S being a CDMA/GSM world phone hybrid really does kind of change things for AT&T.