Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

[Phone] New features

New features:

Multi-line hunting can now be configured in »phone.shaw.ca/ . You can alter the order in which your lines will ring, and add or remove lines from the hunt group.

Business phone and internet support is now available via live chat. I had to sign up for "Shaw Friends" to get access to this. The regular chat page still says residential only.

I used chat and asked if call forwarding to international numbers would ever be possible. The rep said not because customers would abuse it to make free long distance calls. I said I would be happy to pay the long distance rate if I forwarded my call out of North America. Hopefully this will make it to the powers-that-be.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

I thought forwarding to international numbers was possible...

Does it get rejected when you use *72 to setup?

*72 beep beep beep - dial tone

Dial international number want it forwarded to, when the number gets answered, calls are then forwarded.

I am sure this used to work, and the LD would be billed to the number.

Multi-line hunting being configurable online is great news, it seemed really hard to get setup 'correctly' with phone support, which order the lines were to ring in.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by kevinds:

Does it get rejected when you use *72 to setup?

I'm actually not sure. I'm not in the location of the phone line so I can't test it. Sometimes I forward my calls to my home office if the main office can't be staffed for a few hours, but I do that through the website.
said by kevinds:

Multi-line hunting being configurable online is great news, it seemed really hard to get setup 'correctly' with phone support

Amen!

m.