uniqs

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88

Re: [Cable TV] Premium channels on Digital adapter???

Likewise, QAM Network HD (ESPN etc) Not going to happen
~$70 for Non HD 480i only programming? Are people crazy with money these days?

If Dish can offer packages with HD for $35 a month, Hopefully once all systems are digital Mediacom can too otherwise, Mediacom will have no choice but to sell as they won't have any subscribers left.

Mediacom simply isn't worth the TV product cost anymore (Gosh how I'm going to miss this promo) Luckily I got into the promo before Mediacom became a private company as it seemed like all this charge this charge that came after the transaction closed.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Dish also doesn't have to maintain a wire network that carries telephone, internet, and cable tv. A wired network that is different in every town. A lot cheaper to operate once the dish is in the sky and being paid for.
WhatHappened
join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN

1 edit

WhatHappened to IowaMan

to IowaMan
said by IowaMan:

If Dish can offer packages with HD for $35 a month, Hopefully once all systems are digital Mediacom can too otherwise, Mediacom will have no choice but to sell as they won't have any subscribers left.

I noticed that you keep posting this all over. Have you done your research? The normal price for Dish's Top 120+ is $50/month. (HD is also available on TOP 120 for $45/month, but no Big Ten or Regional sports channel ). You really need Dish Top 200 to get most of Mediacom's HD channels and that cost $60/month after intro).

Then to add HD to more than one HDTV, you have to add a "Rcvr 211/411 HD Solo" which cost $7/month or if you want HD DVR service to additional HDTVs, you require a "Rcvr 612 HD Solo DVR" at $10/month and a $99 per additional DVR upfront fee.

HD channels that Mediacom Family has that Dish Top 120 packages don't have:

AMC HD
BET HD
Bravo HD
ABC Family HD
Animal Planet HD
Disney Channel HD
Hallmark Channel HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
MSNBC HD
Speed HD
truTV HD
WE HD
WGN America HD

DISH 120 only has two HD channel Mediacom doesn't have:
Reelz HD
Weather Channel HD

Mediacom has the Starz package that includes a HD STB, Encore & Family HD that cost $79.40/month vs $83/month with Dish Top 250 HD (Dish's package with Encore) with Starz. With Mediacom bundling savings on phone and internet you come out way ahead and you get HD VOD with Mediacom.

Mediacom also lets you renew a 2yr contract price which will save you more money, but locks you into a contract.