spc
Search similar:

uniqs
archiguy
join:2011-12-10
Pineville, NC

archiguy

[TWC] Navigator buffer reduction?

I live in Charlotte, NC and have TWC cable TV. I'm using an SA8300HD DVR running Navigator MDN software. A few days ago they pushed an upgrade that resulted in some changes. There were some cosmetic changes to various banners; no big deal. What WAS a big deal was a reduction in the buffer time on each of the two tuners from 1 hour down to 30 minutes. As I use the buffers heavily, this is a big drop in functionality. My questions are:

1) Was this intended (if so, why?), or just an unfortunate bug/side effect? The machine ran fine with 1 hour buffers.
2) Did this buffer reduction happen across the entire Navigator platform, ODN as well as MDN?
3) Will the 1 hour buffer be restored? (Please!)

On a related note, once upon a time you could hit pause on one tuner, swap to the other tuner and watch for awhile, then return to the first tuner and your pause point would still be there. A few years ago that functionality vanished and now the buffers reset whenever you change channels, swap tuners, or watch a previously recorded show. My last question is:

4) Will this fuctionality ever be restored? Sure does come in handy if, say, you're watching two games at the same time.

Thank you!

~archi