Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory
kudos:6
reply to nwrickert

Re: How can I "moderate" my own Topic?

said by nwrickert:

I guess that means that somebody other than the mods is looking at them

And I think we can all sleep better at night knowing that.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to nwrickert

said by nwrickert:

I guess that means that somebody other than the mods is looking at them

MPAA, RIAA, DHS, Anthony Morrison,
--
their dreams a tattered sail in the wind

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to drew

said by drew:

I already disagree with a number of moderation practices this site employs, specifically the anonymous moderation,

+1

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
reply to fatness

You forgot the: FBI, Homeland Security, DEA, NSA, Border Patrol & Customs, CIA... and Big Brother!!!

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by drew:

I already disagree with a number of moderation practices this site employs, specifically the anonymous moderation,

+1

You must be thinking of some other site because Anonymous See Profile has never been a moderator here.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

That's possibly the lamest joke I've seen in weeks.

Sorry skj See Profile.

state
stress magnet
Premium,Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

Oh they get worse, just give us time. There's a team of trained "monkey" working on them.

Mr Neutron
Ceaseless, Tasteless, and Gormless
Premium
join:2005-05-30
Gorham, ME

1 recommendation

reply to therau2000

said by therau2000:

At one point I posted a new Topic. A User posted a #1 reply: a real slap-in-the-face personal attack. I did not answer that reply but someone else (a registered User) did post #3 reply and he was NOT harsh.

My own twisted belief is that it's not necessarily the posts on DSLR that need moderating: it's your own reaction to them (same deal goes for me, too).

The responses you get on DSLR concerning just about anything are going to range from mind-numbingly stupid, to Nobel Laureate-caliber clever, (and useful) to, yes, virtual slaps in the face. The thing to bear in mind is that the responses are typed by human beings; human beings are capable of all of these types of behaviors.

If someone responds to a civil question with a personal attack, perhaps the thing to focus on isn't the fact that they're trying to pick on you. Perhaps the real problem is that they have so little going for themselves, that the only way they have to get their jollies is by picking on random strangers over the InterTubes.

That, to me, is sad.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that DSLR is pretty much a cross section of humanity and that you're going to find the the Good, the Bad, and the Helpful on these boards; just take what you find useful and discard the rest. I, too, used to belief strongly in "controlling my environment." Years later, (far too many years later) it occurred to me that the only thing I could ever really hope to control was me (and my own reaction to things).

I can promise you that, if you hang around here a while, you'll see a few things that will put a big smile on your face. Please try to be patient and hang in there in the meantime.
--
For who can wonder that man should feel a vague belief in disembodied spirits when he himself is for ever lingering upon past emotions and bygone times, and hovering, the ghost of his former self, about the places and people that warmed his heart of old?

Spensergig
Past my Prime
Premium,MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

said by Mr Neutron:

I can promise you that, if you hang around here a while, you'll see a few things that will put a big smile on your face. Please try to be patient and hang in there in the meantime.

Looks like that scenario is NOT going to play out.
The OP has dollarcided.

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
reply to therau2000

That's a shame, but this is a BIG place and there are all kinds here. Good post @Mr Neutron