Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to XNemesis

Premium Member

to XNemesis

Re: [Chrome] Chrome won't install

You are using Win 7 64 bit

Did you download the correct version of Chrome (64bit). I think it should automatically detect the correct version when you download it, but if you downloaded from a different source and it's wrong, then it wont install.

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

That's the thing though, I first tried with the auto installer and so yes, it should automatically select the correct version but as with the offline, it wouldn't even begin the install process...just double click and then nothing.

I used firefox to download it.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Have you ever had Chrome on your machine? If so, I would find and delete the profile folder. For some reason, it may be stopping you from doing the install. After deletion, try again.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to XNemesis

Premium Member

to XNemesis
Ok I'm going to ask 1 more time,did you even try the Iron browser to see if it works...........nevermind about 1 addon not working,it's got a default password filler.

This is exactly the same browser.........and are you trying to use another browser because of your FF problem of crashing which you never updated in your other thread?

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

No and yes. I think anyone would switch to another browser if the one they were using was always slowing down to a crawl or crashing consistently.

Roboform isn't just a password filler though so I'll check iron and see if it passes the mustard.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

quote:
I think anyone would switch to another browser if the one they were using was always slowing down to a crawl or crashing consistently.
That's a user error not the browser's fault.

New profile,new clean install ,any Febe backups?

XNemesis
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis

It could also be a problematic app as well...and thereby trying Chrome with the same apps as I'm sure I can find most of the one's I use in ff with chrome and see if the same sluggishness arises.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

I don't think you're understanding the difference between them.......2 totally different engines so you really can't compare.

I guarantee that your problem with FF is either a corrupt theme or extension.

Just check your taskmanager when it's running and see what is gobbling your CPU.

Possibly too many plugins enabled or the plugin container running also.