All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ohno
@shawcable.net

ohno

Anon

[AB] So I just got gateway installed but no HD+ channels.

So I got the triple play gateway promo which is supposed to include all HD Plus channels but right now I'm only getting the basics. All other channels has the "To subscribe to this..." screen.

I called in and they're sending in a tech next week. Kinda sucks that I had to wait 2 weeks for the install and then this. I just hope everything is settled before Christmas.

I searched and two other fellow Edmontonians had something like this. Seems like something is wrong with the install and the only thing I can do is wait?

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

If you are getting some channels, but not others, sounds like an authorization issue, rather then a service call issue.

No idea if the customer side re-authorization works on the Gateway/Portals or if just the older style STBs.

»activations.shaw.ca/acti ··· ate.aspx

Or, the billing-code/channels authorization just isn't on your account.

ohno
@shawcable.net

ohno

Anon

The serial number format is different it seems.

Also, customer service said my account had the channels.

Thanks though.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

I know they said that your account has the channels...

When you were talking to them, did they de-authorize everything, and re-authorize - this just seems most likely - install was done correctly, but not authorized, either the system didn't get the proper authorization, or its not on your account.

Could be install issue, if they can't communicate with your hardware, but then how did you do you have the basic channels.

ohno
@shawcable.net

ohno

Anon

Nope, none of that re-authorizing I believe. They might have mentioned some trouble communicating with the gateway.

pkarlos_76
join:2004-08-24
Edmonton, AB

pkarlos_76 to ohno

to ohno
You know Shaw would save a hell of alot of money, I am willing to bet but I could be wrong, by getting rid of these unit based installers and going with salary based installers because these unit based installers are costing them 1 to 2 additional service calls in overhead anyways, might as well send in someone that does it right the first time and isn't worried about getting to his next appointment and making more money on the day.

crazyea
join:2006-10-26
Surrey, BC

crazyea to ohno

to ohno
Have you turned everything off for a minute or two? This seems to fix the issue for some.

ohno
@shawcable.net

ohno to pkarlos_76

Anon

to pkarlos_76
said by pkarlos_76:

You know Shaw would save a hell of alot of money, I am willing to bet but I could be wrong, by getting rid of these unit based installers and going with salary based installers because these unit based installers are costing them 1 to 2 additional service calls in overhead anyways, might as well send in someone that does it right the first time and isn't worried about getting to his next appointment and making more money on the day.

Yeah, the tech actually stayed as long as he could but you can tell they are definitely busy.

Restarting the gateway/portals was the first thing we tried. I guess this isn't common and I'll just have to wait it out.
ravenchilde
join:2011-04-01

ravenchilde

Where do you live?

ohno
@shawcable.net

ohno

Anon

said by ravenchilde:

Where do you live?

Edmonton.

crazyea
join:2006-10-26
Surrey, BC

crazyea to pkarlos_76

to pkarlos_76
said by pkarlos_76:

It could go either way.

I have had an installer come bay that was willing to go above and beyond. Whatever concern I had, he was more than willing to address. He ran wire and installed the items where I requestd.

On the flipside, there are installers who dont want to anything more than plug the device into existing wiring. Nod at you as you talk. And then leave ASAP.

Either way. Salary or Per call, there will be the strong workers and the lazy workers.
Angus33
join:2010-11-15

Angus33 to pkarlos_76

to pkarlos_76
Next time you have an appointment booked.. how will you feel if you are the one getting the phone call saying "sorry sir we won't be able to make it today.. our other calls are just taking to much time and i'm off at 4.30 so you will have to rebook"