spc
Search similar:

uniqs

csw
@shawcable.net

csw

Anon

[TV] Simple remote for seniors

My wife's 92 year old grandmother is having a bit of an issue with the Shaw universal remote ( too many buttons). Any ideas on a remote that operates the Shaw DCT 700 basic functions - channel up/down, volume up/down and a power button for the TV
Cornat
join:2011-10-17
Kelowna, BC

Cornat

There's alot of remotes right now from Shaw. »www.urcsupport.com/shaw
The Atlas is the standard one that comes with most STB's right now, just recently the 700's are shipping with the Champ. Depending on what city you're in, you may be able to try to swap your remote at Shaw for the Champ. There's a few less buttons that the Atlas. The Contours are for hotels and the like. I'm not sure how basic you wanna get with the remote, you might be able to ask for a Transport but it's missing buttons like Guide.

harry78
@rr.com

harry78 to csw

Anon

to csw

Flipper Big Button Remote
My father uses Flipper Big Button Remote. It only works the TV and cable box, and has a favorites list so he gets his favorite channels without the extras. The power works the TV and cable, the volume works the TV, and the channel works the cable. I dont have to go over and reprogram the TV any more! www.flipperremote.com

CSW
@shawcable.net

CSW

Anon

Thanks - the flipper looks like the item I need.