how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BillRadio

join:2007-01-08
Aurora, CO

Promo and Price Increase

I am now able to receive a "Loyalty" promo that wasn't available to me last month. The promo they offered was better than I expected except equipment prices still rise dramatically. For a 2-year agreement, the promo pretty much cuts the non-promo price increase in half for the first year on a better package, and about 20% off the 2nd.

Oddly, a few days later I received a letter about my expiring promo and offered my current package for a $18 price increase for 6 months, which makes it less critical to make an immediate change. However, the next day, I received the new price list for all regular Comcast services for 2012 at a 3% to 4% increase, which is in addition to the previous letter's offer.

I feel sorry for those who don't have the time/stomach to 'negotiate' a yearly promo and I bet Comcast counts on the majority doing nothing. 2-year contracts are a new development here that keeps people like us from calling each year to get a new promo. Even compulsive comparers like myself need a spreadsheet to sort it all.
--
I don't live in Aurora