how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bashy

join:2009-05-20
Arlington, VA

[Help] Rhapsody Question

I am not sure where to post this, hopefully this is the right place. I have a Rhapsody subscription, and I want to add a secondary device so my daughter can use it. Thing is, I wouldn't want her to be able to access the account information, like where my credit card info is. I trust her, but she is not always careful on the Internet and I wouldn't want a virus to get into her PC and be able to access my account info. My question is, if I set up a second device, can I set it up so it has no access to my account info?

Thanks a lot!

amungus
Premium
join:2004-11-26
America
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
·KCH Cable

Short answer - yes.
If you simply "authorize" the device, all it can do is sync music... To access the account itself, a password is still needed.
Edit: you can't get to account settings without signing in again - so on an ipod touch, for example, it's simply signed in to stream/download, but cannot get to the account settings.

Best bet is to sign the device in yourself, if that's what it needs (ipod/android) and then it's set. If it's a Sansa, only sign in when a sync needs to happen.

Keep in mind, you'll need the $15/mo. plan for more than one device, which can be a combination of any kind - you could have your android, she could have whatever else, for example.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by amungus:

Short answer - yes.
If you simply "authorize" the device, all it can do is sync music... To access the account itself, a password is still needed.
Edit: you can't get to account settings without signing in again - so on an ipod touch, for example, it's simply signed in to stream/download, but cannot get to the account settings.

Best bet is to sign the device in yourself, if that's what it needs (ipod/android) and then it's set. If it's a Sansa, only sign in when a sync needs to happen.

Keep in mind, you'll need the $15/mo. plan for more than one device, which can be a combination of any kind - you could have your android, she could have whatever else, for example.

Even with that only one device can access Rhapsody at a time. She's better off with her own acount.

* Streaming music is limited to only one mobile device, home audio system or computer at a time. Downloaded subscription music can be listened to on one device with Rhapsody Premier and up to three devices with Rhapsody Premier Plus.

Bashy

join:2009-05-20
Arlington, VA

Re: [Help] Rhapsody Qwelluestion

BF69, that is a deal breaker. We would often be wanting to use it at the same times at night. Oh well, it sounded like a good idea. Guess she can stay on iTunes for now. Thanks for that information. Amungus, also thanks a lot for the details you provided.