Search similar:

uniqs
John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
·Sparklight

John Patrick

New AUP

Seems Cableone in now monitoring for the whole day on the older plans. »www.cableone.net/Pages/i ··· aup.aspx

I checked my usage after downloading EQ2, started downloading at 10pm so i would get most of it overnight where it used to be not monitored. Well now my bandwidth meter shows it was 4GB on the Dec-11 and 12GB used on Dec-12.

Looks like the new Data plan for 50M down still has the 12midnight to 8am morning free not counted against your allotment. 5GB a day on the old 10M plan will really suck now.

TurbSeap
@cableone.net

TurbSeap

Anon

Cable One is the WORST company I've ever dealt with....in any industry.

rekd0514
join:2009-03-24
North Sioux City, SD

rekd0514

Yea, we used like 225GB in our house last month on the 10Mb plan. If they start charging for over 5GB, Long Lines it will be for us. We definitely need some competition in the area. Mediacom, Verizon, Charter, Comcast, come on anything else!?!

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune to John Patrick

Premium Member

to John Patrick
said by John Patrick:

5GB a day on the old 10M plan will really suck now.

I refuse to change my downloading habits just because CableOne wants to be greedy pigs. Also, the 5 GB restriction was listed in CableOne's last AUP update as well. No calls or complaints from them, despite me downloading around 200 GB per month, more or less. My node is quiet. Everyone here has DSL or U-verse. Why should they be worried about how much I download?

I will not and shall not change my habits. If they want to play hardball, I can happily trot along to U-verse now.. or at least switch to business class internet. 5 meg will suck, but it will be truly unlimited.
John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA

John Patrick

But the bad part now is they seem to be monitoring all day for the older plans. Before we had same free time between 12midnight and 8am.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune

Premium Member

said by John Patrick:

But the bad part now is they seem to be monitoring all day for the older plans. Before we had same free time between 12midnight and 8am.

If they do get in contact with me for excessive use, I'll gladly let them know about U-verse and their 250 GB cap.

Worst case scenario, I foot the bill and get business class. I won't enjoy doing that.

mgr
@96.19.194.x

mgr

Anon

I would really like to get Charter. But I guess i'm going to have to move to Birmingham area to get it. As Uverse is not available to me yet, but is 15mi away lol. Though I could get ATTs 6m DSL plan. Cable one can forgot any future upgrades from me. I'm just trying to get my 5m connection fixed.

anonguy
@windstream.net

anonguy

Anon

Cable one sure does like digging its own grave pretty deep.

From absolutely lowest nation wide (most likely) 50mbps download cap, to now further capping its slower tiers.

Kinda sucks I have cableone at home (using windstream at work here) and.. pretty much anything available in my area.. sucks ;/

Almost thought about trying windstream at home but.. my distance apparently... is so far from their "node" i'd get 1mbps dsl for like $50 a month, speakeasy is pretty much the same, and verizon is too... looks like I may need to move!

and back when 50mbps service first came out.. was hoping cableone would figure they were doing something stupid with 50mbps cap and change... maybe if someone could convince them to change the cap to a respectable 250GB cap, like most any other ISP anywhere in the US that has 50mbps service, they'd see they could make more money, instead of trying to milk customers overcharges for looking at a few youtube videos per day.

dr3yec
join:2002-12-19

dr3yec

I will not stick to there 5g a day. I will continue my regular use. If they try overages , I will be gone to another company. I been wanting to switch to Uverse, so please cableone try some BS with me. PLEASE..... Got to go , got to download some movies.

anonguy
@windstream.net

anonguy to anonguy

Anon

to anonguy
Looked through the new AUP a bit, and various other parts on the site, I noticed they do 24 hour "metering" now on any services that isn't the 50MBPS ;/

no more midnight to noon free time even, deciding what to do if they tac on a ton of extra charges or something to my home service considering I got the 10MBPS and doing somewhat over 5GB a day. They've so far not 1/2'ed my download rate for going way over the 5GB or changed my service etc.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
Gautier, MS

Pashune to anonguy

Premium Member

to anonguy
said by anonguy :

Cable one sure does like digging its own grave pretty deep.

And they'll pretty much continue to do so. No competition = all the prices, fees, and caps they could ever dream of.

CableOne mainly serves rural areas as it is, so competition is almost never a problem for them.. and they're loving every bit of it.
Vermilion
join:2011-12-18
Columbus, MS

Vermilion

Makes you wonder how hard it could be to start your own company against them in your town.

anonguy
@cableone.net

anonguy

Anon

if I could get a government grant to do so, I'd be doing it :P