Search similar:

uniqs
rpstom
Premium Member
join:2007-03-08
Cumming, GA

rpstom

Premium Member

Subscriber Caps (Number of Subscribers, Not Speed)

I am moving to a new apartment and was told by management that DSL was available. I checked on ATT's site and it also said that DSL was available at my soon to be service address. Move in date was a month away and online ordering would not let me schedule service to be turned on that far out so I figured I would wait until a week before to go through with the order.
Now its a a few days to move in and now I can't order service. I talked to a ATT rep in GA and they told me that the number of subscribers in the area that I will be living is capped and I will have to wait until someone cancels before I can get service.
Has anyone heard of this before??
Now my internet options are extremely limited. Anyone have any suggestions for the Cumming, GA area 30041 zip.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Not unusual. The number of DSLAM ports is finite. When they are all filled, more customers can not be added unless someone cancels service or more ports are added.
rpstom
Premium Member
join:2007-03-08
Cumming, GA

rpstom

Premium Member

That stinks. Well at least I know that its not some ATT BS and the apartment management were not lying to me. I just with there was some kind of a waiting list ATT could put you on for available slots. I will just have to keep checking every day and hope I get lucky.