spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

upset custom

@207.67.7.x

[MN] Mediacom should be shut down

They will not let us use any other cable provider, and we cannot get a signal with a dish, so we are locked into mediacom. We have had service for three months. 6 onsite visits with no qualified techs, pulling wires, replacing wires, digging up my yard, extremely poor customer service, they talk back to you and down to you on the phone, no management, nobody in the office, nobody cares. It's the worst company I have dealt with since i had Sprint wireless service. All I want to do is watch TV and it does not happen with this company. Oh yeah, and the HD channels are almost nothing, one per premium and no HD premium movies without paying extra, on top of your premium monthly charge. It's rediculous. I'm going to stop watching tv, we will not pay another bill.

darkwolf74

join:2010-09-12
Murray, KY
No signal with a dish? Are you living in a pit??

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
reply to upset custom
I apologize for any problems with your service and can gladly look into this for you and see what we can do to make this right. If you want to PM me your telephone# or MAC ID I can see what is happening with your service.
Expand your moderator at work

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to darkwolf74

Re: [MN] Mediacom should be shut down

said by darkwolf74:

No signal with a dish? Are you living in a pit??

I also had a similar problem until an installer mounted a dish extremely high up into a tree. That lasted about 3 months.

There are whole neighborhoods in Louisiana that can't get a dish due to the massive amount of trees everywhere.

pabster

join:2001-12-09
Waterloo, IA
reply to upset custom
First of all, talk to MediacomChad. That's always the first stop when you are having any issues with Mediacom. If it weren't for him, I would have dropped them LONG ago.

Second, I've never seen a location that could not get satellite service. There are plenty of places where it isn't possible to do a standard installation (side of building or low roof mount) but this can be accomplished by other installation means. I've found most often folks just don't want to go to the hassle (and mostly COST) of having such an installation done. It really can be an all-day affair and can be rather expensive...but it can be done.

Just curious. When you say Mediacom "won't let us" use another cable provider...do you mean they have a monopoly in your town via franchise agreements or that you are somehow beholden to them (say via contract) preventing you from using another cable provider?