All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sdg
join:2009-07-22
canada

sdg

[Express] No seeding, three days and counting...

The past three days, in east Mississauga, my torrents have not been able to seed at all.

Using Vuze client, and have been throttled before, but now it looks like every single connection is killed as soon as it is established.

Never worried much about it previously, not doing that much and throttling merely meant it took an extra day to upload something.

Any other local feedback? Is *zero* upload normal for anybody? If I call in to complain, any specific word/phrase to use (or not use) to get back to at least their published 80kbps?

bfksc
Unlimited on Vmedia
join:2011-11-22
canada

bfksc

said by sdg:

The past three days, in east Mississauga, my torrents have not been able to seed at all.
Using Vuze client, and have been throttled before, but now it looks like every single connection is killed as soon as it is established.

Try another port, one that is specifically assigned to other rarely used traffic. You can find a list of all known ports at the IANA site:

»www.iana.org/assignments ··· -numbers
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

1 edit

technocar2 to sdg

to sdg
Rogers is not a good ISP if you want to seed torrents because your max upload speed will be 10 KB/s, you can't seed anything with that ridiculous speed. Rogers is only good for leeching and that too for public trackers only not private trackers.

Edit: Switch to a different ISP, as anything is better than rogers at this point in time ie. Teksavvy, Bell etc. Or get a seed box as that's the best solution but it comes at a price.