spc
uniqs

anonguy
@windstream.net

anonguy to mgr

Anon

to mgr

Re: New AUP

Cable one sure does like digging its own grave pretty deep.

From absolutely lowest nation wide (most likely) 50mbps download cap, to now further capping its slower tiers.

Kinda sucks I have cableone at home (using windstream at work here) and.. pretty much anything available in my area.. sucks ;/

Almost thought about trying windstream at home but.. my distance apparently... is so far from their "node" i'd get 1mbps dsl for like $50 a month, speakeasy is pretty much the same, and verizon is too... looks like I may need to move!

and back when 50mbps service first came out.. was hoping cableone would figure they were doing something stupid with 50mbps cap and change... maybe if someone could convince them to change the cap to a respectable 250GB cap, like most any other ISP anywhere in the US that has 50mbps service, they'd see they could make more money, instead of trying to milk customers overcharges for looking at a few youtube videos per day.

dr3yec
join:2002-12-19

dr3yec

I will not stick to there 5g a day. I will continue my regular use. If they try overages , I will be gone to another company. I been wanting to switch to Uverse, so please cableone try some BS with me. PLEASE..... Got to go , got to download some movies.

anonguy
@windstream.net

anonguy to anonguy

Anon

to anonguy
Looked through the new AUP a bit, and various other parts on the site, I noticed they do 24 hour "metering" now on any services that isn't the 50MBPS ;/

no more midnight to noon free time even, deciding what to do if they tac on a ton of extra charges or something to my home service considering I got the 10MBPS and doing somewhat over 5GB a day. They've so far not 1/2'ed my download rate for going way over the 5GB or changed my service etc.

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune to anonguy

Premium Member

to anonguy
said by anonguy :

Cable one sure does like digging its own grave pretty deep.

And they'll pretty much continue to do so. No competition = all the prices, fees, and caps they could ever dream of.

CableOne mainly serves rural areas as it is, so competition is almost never a problem for them.. and they're loving every bit of it.
Vermilion
join:2011-12-18
Columbus, MS

Vermilion

Makes you wonder how hard it could be to start your own company against them in your town.

anonguy
@cableone.net

anonguy

Anon

if I could get a government grant to do so, I'd be doing it :P