spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stevetrivia

@charter.com

Wireless Router Hook-up w/Phone Power

I just bought a Netgear router (N300) to set up a wireless network in my home. What is the proper connection sequence to include my Phone Power Grandstream unit?

Wall-->modem-->Netgear router-->Grandstream-->phone?

Do I connect my desktop computer directly to the Netgear router or to the Grandstream?

What about installation of the router? Should I disconnect the Phone Power unit and get the wireless network working properly, THEN reconnect and install the Grandstream?

What is the proper installation procedure for this?

The Phone Power support pages are worthless when it comes to this.

PhonePwrTech

join:2007-07-20

I located a ticket on your account. It looks like the tech provided you with setup assistance. Is everything sorted or are you still having issues?

Rebellious

join:2008-05-28
reply to stevetrivia

said by stevetrivia :

I just bought a Netgear router (N300) to set up a wireless network in my home. What is the proper connection sequence to include my Phone Power Grandstream unit?

Do I connect my desktop computer directly to the Netgear router or to the Grandstream?

What about installation of the router? Should I disconnect the Phone Power unit and get the wireless network working properly, THEN reconnect and install the Grandstream?

Good question, the manual is ambivalent about this.

I have mine connected in the order you show, and there is no need to connect the Grandstream directly to the PC. Here is my post (with photos) from the other forum:

»[TWC] APC Surge Protector

//

topgun

join:2011-01-31
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER
reply to stevetrivia

said by stevetrivia :

The router you bought is a hunk-o-junk. Worked with an almost new one about a month ago when I client called me to do a setup. Constant dropped wireless connections, sudden reboots, horrible latency. I unplugged it, dropped it in the garbage can and told him would he like to go with me to Best Buy.

I have owned 2 Netgear routers and they were both junk. Client of mine got me a third one; figure I would I try them one last time. If this POS fails on me no more Netgears EVER!
--
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody