uniqs
share rss forum feed

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2

Capabilities

People want phones that... do stuff. BB canno compete in this are against the iPhone and Android phones. Don't get me wrong, BB's do what the do very well. But more and more people are jumping on the smartphone bandwagon and only want one phone. I'm betting more and more IT depts are opening up to phones other then BB's.

kdepasquale

join:2004-03-13
San Francisco, CA
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
At my organization we recently (this past summer) got rid of our Blackberries and shut down our BES server. Since then, almost everyone who had a BB has since switched to either Android or iPhone.
--
»www.qirfa.com/

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
I had to have a company phone and while they allow some people to have iPhones, they would not allow me to use my Android. So my company BB just sits (dead) on my car seat. I'm not about to carry keys, wallet, BB and Android phone. I'm not Batman. Our IT dept sent out an email asking people about their personal phones, etc. I think they might open up to the use of Android phones.

I can certainly see that many companies will hold out as Android phones (and even iPhones to a lesser degree) are not as secure as BB but I think more and more and sliding over.

If I was in IT I don't know that I'd allow it I'm thinking this is why BB sales are falling. Smartphones just have too much to offer.