how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

stumble_t

join:2011-12-16
San Francisco, CA

ADSL2+ connection loss

2 Weeks ago my connection completely dropped using ADSL2+ on 3 separate capable modems (2 zte831II's and an actiontech GT701D). The modems would go into a training mode loop and not be seen on Sonic's end. Forcing the line to ADSL only on Sonic's end allows me to connect with all modems. This has been verified by a Sonic tech at the drop in the house ruling out any internal wiring. The idea seem to be a possible line problem from the house to the CO. A service ticket has been generated with AT&T. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9
Not much to be done except wait for the line to be tested. You've done all the good stuff on your side: tried different modems, checked for filters, etc. Hmm. Have you tested at the test jack of the MPOE/NID, if there is one?

-Dane

stumble_t

San Francisco, CA
Yes, we connected the modem directly to the pair at the entry point and bypassed the jack all-together, just to rule that out as well. We'll just have to wait and see. Im hoping ATT won't give me any trouble seeing as the line does function albiet not at it's former capacity. Interestingly, when the tech called in to the office, the service rep there said he could read a potential ground fault and excessive line noise. I just know how difficult it can be to motivate the utility to troubleshoot the lines. Would I be able to request the cap be lifted(back to full ADSL2+) to show the ATT tech it does not connect when he gets here? Thanks Dane

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:9
Support will have things set up with AT&T for testing of the loop, so you'll just need to await those results, sorry!

-Dane

stumble_t

San Francisco, CA
No Sweat, thanks for the quick reply!

stumble_t

San Francisco, CA
reply to stumble_t
The AT&T tech showed me the minuscule nick in the pair at the B-Box wich cleaned up the line a bit. This had no effect on my connection however until the card was re-booted. Now I'm back to full capacity (13Mbps).
Sonic's tech support was extremely helpful and didn't give up until this problem was fixed.
Thanks So Much!