how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

I Believe Sprint When They Say They Do Not Monitor

The carrier also clarified that Carrier IQ was not used for any form of targeted advertising or profiling of customers. The software's sole purpose was to report network deficiencies and allow Sprint to improve its network and service for its customers.
Considering how pathetic their 3G performance has been lately, I truly believe them when they say there were not using CarrierIQ extensively. If they were using it, perhaps their network would be running better. (sarcasm)
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI
Considering the level of incompetency at Sprint, I'd surmise they didn't even put two and two together that they could use this software to monitor their (lack of) network performance and role out capacity and bandwidth upgrades to certain towers.

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Clinton Township, MI
reply to n2jtx
SO, thats why I seent "there is an important update" for my phone this morning. Now, my phone as been running like crap all day. Really lagging and network issues. But then again, it's a android on Sprints network. I don't need to look too far for that answer.

iFail 5G

join:2011-08-03
reply to n2jtx
said by n2jtx:

The carrier also clarified that Carrier IQ was not used for any form of targeted advertising or profiling of customers. The software's sole purpose was to report network deficiencies and allow Sprint to improve its network and service for its customers.
Considering how pathetic their 3G performance has been lately, I truly believe them when they say there were not using CarrierIQ extensively. If they were using it, perhaps their network would be running better. (sarcasm)

Or the the network is horrible in the first place and Carrier IQ is having to transmit so much information about the pathetic network that alone is killing the network even more