uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sparrow
Crystal Sky
Premium
join:2002-12-03
Sachakhand
reply to Blackbird

Re: Facebook now wants your personal phone number....

You've been a member here long enough to understand certain products (remember the great Symantec bashing that went on for years?), sites, etc... seem to be criticized and homed in on for a variety of reasons and FB seems to be the color of the scapegoat this year.

I've had a FB account under an assumed name for a while, and as mentioned several times, there are privacy settings that can be locked down on FB as soon as one registers to cause as little damage as possible. Personally, I've had no problems and never gave any private information.

If users buy credits from FB, yes, then they will have private information, but no more than any other social networking or business site. I would not buy FB credits, but I assume FB has safeguards in place the same as the next guy for any monetary transactions.

Why not register under a nom de plume and do a little research? Use an EU proxy and find out what the fuss is all about. Just don't click any "Like" buttons.

I know you are quite capable of being objective and analytical, so go have some fun and after about a month or so, report back and let's see if you find anything terribly objectionable. If you do, I'll even delete my account!

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

you can buy FB credits with cash at any store that sells FB gift cards.