spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

SrsBsns

Still here Sprint!

So if what they say is true then why am I still seeing this on the Sprint Galaxy S2?

talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13

In an attempt to distance themselves from the increasingly volatile Carrier IQ situation, weve been told that Sprint has ordered that all of their hardware partners remove the Carrier IQ software from Sprint devices as soon as possible.

Sounds like you need a software update from the vendor to remove the software.

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

SrsBsns

said by talz13:

In an attempt to distance themselves from the increasingly volatile Carrier IQ situation, weve been told that Sprint has ordered that all of their hardware partners remove the Carrier IQ software from Sprint devices as soon as possible.

Sounds like you need a software update from the vendor to remove the software.

My phone was just updated to 2.3.6 this week and its still there.
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13

I'd say you still have at least a couple weeks before Samsung gets around to releasing an update with this change in it. The news article was just from yesterday, and I'm sure that was just the beginning of the process.
ricep5
Premium Member
join:2000-08-07
Jacksonville, FL

ricep5 to SrsBsns

Premium Member

to SrsBsns
The update sent out to Sprint Galaxy S2 users this week was an Android patch and an update to some of the Sprint pre-loaded programs.

You will notice one of the updates prevents a finger scroll to a dark screen now (it just shows a shade of blue). The icons were changed to MediaHub and some other stuff.

I checked for CarrierIQ and the binaries are still present post-update.