All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
signalfishin
join:2011-11-24

signalfishin to Da Geek Kid

to Da Geek Kid

Re: Load-balancing multiple wireless networks

I think loadbalancing was a correct term, but I won't contest it.

I would like to increase the internet bandwidth pipe of one network by combining the bandwidth of several other Internet connections.

I want to spread a network load over several connections.

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

Da Geek Kid

said by signalfishin:

I think loadbalancing was a correct term, but I won't contest it.

I would like to increase the internet bandwidth pipe of one network by combining the bandwidth of several other Internet connections.

I want to spread a network load over several connections.

Still 100% unclear of what you are asking... If you are asking to increase your Wireless ISP's B/W by using multiple WISPs and combining the WISPs to make a bigger pipe? If that's the case no DD-WRT router will be able to accomplish that... You would need a high performance multi I/O Wireless Mesh Router (NOT A WAP).

You would have to set up multiple routing protocols so you could "load share" NOT "load balance". each WISP will give you an IP to each separate Mesh Router. Mesh routers will than connect to each other internally using a routing protocol will load share the traffic. You'd need a third router to manage the load.

This has been done and not cheap. you could look at some info about these on Aruba Networks website... But this is silly!
signalfishin
join:2011-11-24

1 edit

signalfishin

I think you are misunderstanding the scale of this small project.

»doc.pfsense.org/index.ph ··· alancing